You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Subaru > Impreza
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1994 WRX Wiring Info for Remote Starter/Alarm Installation

Impreza

Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 AM
JDMVIP.com Apprentice

Default 1994 WRX Wiring Info for Remote Starter/Alarm Installation

Not sure if other years are the same, but heres the wiring for mine:

12 VOLTS black/yellow(+) IGNITION HARNESS
IGNITION red(+) IGNITION HARNESS
ACC red/yellow(+) IGNITION HARNESS
START blue/red(+) IGNITION HARNESS
UNLOCK white(-) DRIV. KICK 13 PIN CONNECTOR
LOCK same wire (OPEN) "
PARK BRK red/yellow(-) BLACK CONN. RT SIDE OF COLUMN
BRAKE white/black(+) AT SWITCH
PARK LTS white/yellow(+) BLUE CONN. RT SIDE OF COLUMN
DOORPIN lt. blue/white(-) BLUE CONN. RT SIDE OF COLUMN

For the doorlocks, you will need one relay for the LOCK function. Basically you will have to ground the wire to unlock, and CUT the wire to LOCK.

This can be done with a relay, by cutting the wire in half, and connecting each side of the white wire to a specific terminal on the relay. Maybe i will try my luck at MS paint or something LOL to get a diagram up here as well. However, you may think that it is just some graffiti done by a three year old.

When testing last night, realized that the doorpin (lt. blue/white) only catches the drivers' door, not the other 3. Going back in soon to find the other doorpin wire(s), will update when i get them.

If anyone has any alarm/remote starter related questions, let me know as this is what I do for a living.

Thanks

Jay
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Use the room light for the door signal, its a 2wire connector going down your rhd piller.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Thanks for posting that wiring information! I'm going to tackle my crappy tire car starter in the next few weeks here hopefully so i may be sending you a PM if i have some questions or else posting them here.

One thing, I heard from another member that you need to install a motor to lift the door lock on the drivers door the be able to open the doors remotely but yours just mentions a wire? Were there different locking systems on the newer WRX's? (Mine's a 95)
Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

good to know theres a thread like this. i have a remote car starter and alarm ive been thinking of installing.

Pawel Ingemar Tworek
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

what alarm system is this winfab?

Pawel Ingemar Tworek
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubaru View Post
what alarm system is this winfab?
Thats just the general location of the wires that you will need for wiring 99% of aftermarket starters. the install guide should tell you to hook up power,acc, ground, etc. that winfab has listed and you use this guide to locate it in the car.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Braden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8REX View Post
Thanks for posting that wiring information! I'm going to tackle my crappy tire car starter in the next few weeks here hopefully so i may be sending you a PM if i have some questions or else posting them here.

One thing, I heard from another member that you need to install a motor to lift the door lock on the drivers door the be able to open the doors remotely but yours just mentions a wire? Were there different locking systems on the newer WRX's? (Mine's a 95)
Maybe remote locks were an option on these cars? So maybe some with remote locks will already have it?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

I have had a remote starter/entry for like a year and never got around to putting it in. I was just thinking about it this morning.
I'm pretty sure we need an actuator to open the doors don't we. It's a mechanical/electrical thing so when you turn the key in the driver's side or flip the lock, it flips a relay or something on all the other doors. Though I guess those doors must have actuators to flip open. Maybe I'm wrong?

Anywho, I will be tackling this all soon and of course it will come with a nice DIY.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:38 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8REX View Post
Thats just the general location of the wires that you will need for wiring 99% of aftermarket starters. the install guide should tell you to hook up power,acc, ground, etc. that winfab has listed and you use this guide to locate it in the car.
yeah alright well cheers ill take a look at my wiring and see if i feel lucky enough to instal it. otherwise ill pay 60 bucks and have someone else do the instal

Pawel Ingemar Tworek
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod164 View Post
I have had a remote starter/entry for like a year and never got around to putting it in. I was just thinking about it this morning.
I'm pretty sure we need an actuator to open the doors don't we. It's a mechanical/electrical thing so when you turn the key in the driver's side or flip the lock, it flips a relay or something on all the other doors. Though I guess those doors must have actuators to flip open. Maybe I'm wrong?

Anywho, I will be tackling this all soon and of course it will come with a nice DIY.
Yeah i've had one sitting around for like 2 years haha, figure I should put it in before winter. Should you be able to just tap into that relay and open it electrically instead of mechanically? I'm not really sure.
Sponsored Links