You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Import Discussion > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere and is generally JDM or car related.

Anyone bringing in the new 97+ Aristo this year?

General Discussion

Old 01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
JDMVIP.com Apprentice

Default Anyone bringing in the new 97+ Aristo this year?

I am specifcally talking about this body style in the pictures bellow. I am currently bidding on some of them on auction, trying to buy the V300 model for a friend which is replacing his 94 Aristo.

The V300 comes with the VVTi 2JZ-GTE while the S300 comes with VVTi 2JZ-GE (N/A motor).

The auction selling prices are pretty good. What do you guys think about them?

I think this would make one badass JDM daily driver. I'd like this beside my Supra for sure.

Last edited by msupra : 01-28-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 04:16 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

that is a wicked car! I'd like one with the 300hp 1UZFE.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Not worth it IMO. They're going to probably be 10k landed for a good one. With the JDM market the way it is it'd be a tough sell, but if you want it for your own car maybe it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsoup View Post
that is a wicked car! I'd like one with the 300hp 1UZFE.
You're going to have to transplant one yourself to get that
Old 01-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned

Alright looking, but still too plain of a car.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:51 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Ok I can definatly deal with the 2JZGTE! I've often eyed those as a replacement for my Celsior. Vedy nice, nice indeed...
1998 Acura 1.6 EL
1998 Chevrolet Astro AWD
96 Suzuki Katana/ 97 Honda CR250R / 05 AC 500 ATV
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 10:52 PM
JDMVIP.com Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanV View Post
Not worth it IMO. They're going to probably be 10k landed for a good one. With the JDM market the way it is it'd be a tough sell, but if you want it for your own car maybe it's worth it.

You're going to have to transplant one yourself to get that
I came accross one that would be 7k landed if I did all the import work myself.

It had the TRD package, 3.5 grade, 114,000 KMs.

7k for a 300hp luxury looking JDM car is pretty cheap in my books.

It was maybe just one car though. I think you can find some nice ones bellow 10k.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 AM

im going to be buying one of these for sure..
Yummy.

well as long as the price is ok..
who knows things change all the time.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Banned

These are sexy, but it sucks that they are auto only. Pricing is good, but, I'm with Ryan here, the costs, once you get the car here are too much for me - for this type of car. I'm not going to enjoy something like this to the extent I'd pay for it. Now, if prices are going to be any less in the future, I'd definitely consider it.

If this is your type of car though, prices are great. I've noticed that many of these are VIP'd out, so you'd get some great aftermarket stuff on some of them.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Friendly & Unbiased Moderator

I'm glad these cars are going to be available soon and it will be cool to see them come in but at this point I have no plans for one for a few reasons.

The reasons not to buy one:

* I already own a JZS147 and I'm very happy with it.
* I believe the non-VVTi cars are easier to modify (although if Series 2 has ODBII flashing could be an option, does anyone know if Series 2 has ODBII in the 97 model?)
* The JZS161 looks almost identical from the outside as far as the chassis goes (yes the front and rear bumpers, lights and hood have changed but it looks like they just modified the exact same 147 chassis-correct me if I'm wrong though)
* I like the JZS147 better from the outside.
* The price is relatively high (it's still a relative bargain for the luxury and kind of car you're getting IMHO) but resale would probably be a tough sell.
* It's not AWD
* Smallest JDM trunk I've seen especially for the size, it clashes with the practicality of the 4-door (unless I'm not aware of a Series 2 trunk change)

The reasons to buy one:

* As stock they definitely look more modern than a stock 147 (although IMHO a 147 with a kit looks better than a 161 with a kit)
* You have the updated VVTi 2JZ-GTE which probably doesn't have any valve seal issue (although I speculate the later model 147's had this issue sorted out).
* The interior is far improved and more modern.
* The transmission is tiptronic style (and I believe most cars have the paddles but I'm not sure if it was an option or standard).
* It's a typical Toyota with above average reliability and build quality and has luxury features most JDMs in this size/class don't have (at least considering turbo only cars).

Here's two other threads that some people have posted their opinions about Series 2 JZS161 Aristo V300:

http://forums.jdmvip.com/Thoughts_on... risto-2610-t

http://forums.jdmvip.com/JZS147_vs_J..._Aristo-1172-t

With that said I'm still looking forward to seeing these cars come in, that's the great thing about the JDM scene that there's always a car that suits someone's exact needs.

msupra let us know when and if you buy one. I'm also curious to hear the driving impressions between a stock 147 3.0V and 161 V300
Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 PM
JDMVIP.com Apprentice

^ Why is not being AWD negative? I prefer RWD if anything...

and I paid quite a bit for my 95 TT 6-speed Supra, if I had to buy one of these Aristo's personally for myself it would probably be S300 as it would be better as a daily than that thirsty 2jz-gte

Last edited by msupra : 01-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links