You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Import Discussion > United States USA - Importing JDM Cars From Japan
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing skyline 1970-1972

United States USA - Importing JDM Cars From Japan

Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 AM
JDMVIP.com N00b

Default Importing skyline 1970-1972

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here just getting started on my venture on buying a 70's skyline and importing it to the US. Was in talks with a notable importer but seems to be to busy for a deposit. So starting over again. Can anyone provide an importer that is well known with a great reputation. Vehicle final destination MI.
This might be quiete common here so my apologies, I will be doing a search on threads later
Thanks jgonzo911
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Take a look around, there's a few exporters/importers on here that can help you. Interesting to see our friends from the south looking to import the classic jdms. I think it's awesome. Show us some pics once you get one, those old skylines can look pretty epic.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:09 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Man. i'd love to get my hands one one of those too. Maybe someday... Good look on the hunt!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Friendly & Unbiased Moderator

Welcome to the forums, if you search around here I'm sure you'll see lots of recommended Imports and Exporters.

If you don't have good communication with the potential company before being a client, I'd stay away as that's definitely a bad sign.

I would only choose a company who you can confirm is honest/proof they are shipping the cars out because there are some dishonest companies in Japan unfortunately. But as you say, if you do the research I doubt you'll have problems.

Let us know how your search goes, it definitely shouldn't be hard to find a classic Skyline but I believe they're a bit pricey.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

The cost of admission starts around $25k I think? I've thought about it, but it's just too much.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

The thread under yours that I created has very useful information. If I had enough time, money, and the business was there for classics like those in the USA I would be putting those instructions to good use.

Good luck, and provide pics and a story when your done!

~Ryan
Sponsored Links