You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Mitsubishi > Mitsubishi General
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mitsubishi General For Models Not Listed. If there is enough interest you can request the mods to open up a new forum for a specific car.

Mitsubishi 4x4 Delica Suggestions

Mitsubishi General

Old 01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Default Mitsubishi 4x4 Delica Suggestions

I spend a lot of time traveling the back roads of Alberta and BC, skiing, biking etc. I used to have a Land Cruiser to get me around but like all canadian models it rusted out and was sent to its grave. But I miss having a truck that would get you there no matter what. Sadly the truck I want is a little out of my budget to import (HDJ81) at the moment. But my family has grown and I need a vehicle that I can fit the family, all the usual gear and still get to some remote places with.

So need to get some feed back on the Delica Vans. They seem like something that could fit the bill quite well. I know they aren't the prettiest things out their but 4wd turbo diesel and lots of room is appealing to me right now. But, I pretty much don't know anything on these trucks. Like, are they reliable? Do they have enough power? Are parts hard to find? What models I should avoid or look for? I've started doing some research but would love to hear feed back from anyone who knows anything on these things. Not in a hurry and don't want to buy a lemon.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Official JDMVip.com Sponsor

All the information you would ever need is here http://www.delica.ca/forum/

They are Canada's #1 import for a reason. In my experiences very reliable. Go for the L400 though, more torque with the 2.8L and more modern looking in and out. Auto's are gutless, so if you can find a 5 speed.

http://jdmconnection.ca//
Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
All the information you would ever need is here http://www.delica.ca/forum/

They are Canada's #1 import for a reason. In my experiences very reliable. Go for the L400 though, more torque with the 2.8L and more modern looking in and out. Auto's are gutless, so if you can find a 5 speed.
Thanks William, I'll check it out!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM

the 5 Speed are gear lower then the Auto so a bit annoying on the highway..

I drove an Auto L400 15,000Kms and it was great on the highway and in the everglades in Florida, and the Beach on the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
the 5 Speed are gear lower then the Auto so a bit annoying on the highway..

I drove an Auto L400 15,000Kms and it was great on the highway and in the everglades in Florida, and the Beach on the Gulf of Mexico.
Did you find the auto had enough power or was it gutless? Is a 5 speed to low at say 110kmh? You recall the milage you were getting?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:02 PM

It was fine no more gutless then i would expect.. the Toyota Diesel Vans have more power thats for sure..

but it crusied at 110 - 130 no problem, and it wasnt to high in the RPM's.

Gas mileage wasnt great at above 120 though.. dont remember the actual numbers..
Old 01-27-2012, 04:29 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Have you considered a Pajero? Bulletproof drivetrain, USDM equivalent Montero, you can fit 33s with mods, and still seating for seven. The ride on back roads is pretty hard to beat: the Dakar evolved suspension was made for abuse!

Just a suggestion... In any event, my auto 2.8 averages in the low 12L/100kms.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:50 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bishi View Post
Have you considered a Pajero? Bulletproof drivetrain, USDM equivalent Montero, you can fit 33s with mods, and still seating for seven. The ride on back roads is pretty hard to beat: the Dakar evolved suspension was made for abuse!

Just a suggestion... In any event, my auto 2.8 averages in the low 12L/100kms.

Just read your thread, Looks like a pretty cool truck! Something to consider for sure! I've always been a Toyota guy but i'm starting to think a change is necessary.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:05 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Oops...posting from a tablet... should've read fits 33s WITHOUT mods.

I've always loved the 'cruisers but have a soft spot for the Mitsus. Something about seeing them blasting across Africa..
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 AM
JDMVIP.com N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB View Post
Did you find the auto had enough power or was it gutless? Is a 5 speed to low at say 110kmh? You recall the milage you were getting?
I've been to Utah, Arizona etc. with mine via interstate, back roads & everything between and it's an auto - I had a great time. Never heard the term "gutless" applied to L400 before. Mine sure isn't.
Sponsored Links