You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Import Discussion > Videos & Photos Of JDM Cars
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Videos & Photos Of JDM Cars Show off your own cars here or even just random videos or pictures you like. Pretty much anything goes. JDMVip.com does not endorse any dangerous or illegal driving. Always follow the traffic and safety laws of your country and never attempt to perform any kind of stunting or racing performed in any videos shown or linked in this forum.

My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Videos & Photos Of JDM Cars

Old 09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Default My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Hi All!

I'm Scott from New Zealand.

I own a 1993 Toyota Corolla SE Limited (JDM AE100 4-door sedan). I've owned it for 2-years so far. I bought it when it was completely stock and have gradually added things to it to make it different and unique.

Here's a list of current mods and some photos:

* Replaced engine with 60,000km (37,000 mile) 5A-FE.
* Lowered on 40mm Jamex springs.
* Full 2" exhaust with Dynomax muffler and 2x resonators.
* Pod filter with custom 3" CAI (cold air intake).
* BMW M3 trunk lip spoiler.
* Aftermarket fibreglass sideskirts.
* Rolled rear fenders.
* Optional OEM 3-point strut brace.
* Monroe GT Reflex gas shocks.
* 17" alloy wheels with Hankook 205/40/17 tyres.
* Custom exhaust manifold and front pipe (4-2-1).
* Removed the catalytic converter.
* Resurfaced front disc brakes.
* Sony Xplod head-unit, Sony 6.5" 4-way front speakers, Sony 444w amp.
* Toyota Sprinter GT seats.
* AE101 FX-GT factory option Momo leather steering wheel.
* OEM Lexus IS200 aluminium foot pedals.
* Painted valve cover red.
* Chrome Simota oil cap.
* Front/rear bumper lips painted.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

Haha, awesome! I think Barry from the Mustang Connection had one for sale for a bit. It looked perfect for a simple winter 'beater' for someone.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

wow! that is fantastic. Very cool ride, most people wouldn't even look twice probably! Very stealth. And I think you kiwi's are RHD anyways right? So it's not like you'd stand out there either.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:05 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soren View Post
wow! that is fantastic. Very cool ride, most people wouldn't even look twice probably! Very stealth. And I think you kiwi's are RHD anyways right? So it's not like you'd stand out there either.
Thanks! Although I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult

Yep, RHD . Here's some shots of the interior (the first one is before the FX-GT Momo steering wheel and Lexus pedals were fitted) -

Old 09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Banned

definitely a compliment! You've got something really special, that 99% of the nose-picking public wouldn't even know about - myself included, and you've got this secret everywhere you go. I'd have a huge smile about that personally. The interior is very cool - back seats are very sporty - like in the back of a fairlady or RX7 or something! Very cool overall - really like the wheel too!. The only thing I don't love is the shift knob.. seems thick and ungainly. Man, this is cool and I'm glad you posted pics!

What kind of performance is this at? I know some of the corollas got up to just under 200hp, but I've got no idea with that swap what you'd be running, and what kind of 0-60 you'd be able to get.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Official JDMVip.com Sponsor

Welcome and I must say, darn nice Corolla!

http://jdmconnection.ca//
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soren View Post
definitely a compliment! You've got something really special, that 99% of the nose-picking public wouldn't even know about - myself included, and you've got this secret everywhere you go. I'd have a huge smile about that personally. The interior is very cool - back seats are very sporty - like in the back of a fairlady or RX7 or something! Very cool overall - really like the wheel too!. The only thing I don't love is the shift knob.. seems thick and ungainly. Man, this is cool and I'm glad you posted pics!

What kind of performance is this at? I know some of the corollas got up to just under 200hp, but I've got no idea with that swap what you'd be running, and what kind of 0-60 you'd be able to get.
Wow, that really is a compliment. Thanks man, I appreciate it. The seats are out of a Sprinter GT. I had to do a folding rear seat conversion as my standard rear seats used to be the non-foldable type. I agree with you about the shift knob and shift boot. I'm planning on getting a leather shift boot and shift knob from a GT Apex Levin. Not sure of the power as I haven't taken it on the dyno yet. Would love to chuck a 3S-GTE in one day. Thanks again dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Welcome and I must say, darn nice Corolla!
Thank you!

Here's a photo that I took when I got pulled over by a cop last year

Old 09-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Friendly & Unbiased Moderator

Nice ride ShartShooter and welcome to the forum. Are you a big Toyota and Corolla fan?

Do you have any future plans for this car or another Toyota?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
Nice ride ShartShooter and welcome to the forum. Are you a big Toyota and Corolla fan?

Do you have any future plans for this car or another Toyota?
Thanks! Yeah I'm huge Toyota fan. I originally bought my Corolla purely for the fuel economy as I couldn't continue to afford to run turbo vehicles with the ever rising fuel prices, but ended up falling in love with it, especially after I found out how high the availabilty of aftermarket parts were.

I would love to do a 4A-GE 20v swap someday, or possibly even a 3S-GTE swap if I figure out how to grow a money tree . My family have owned quite a few Toyotas so far. Including an AE92 Levin GT Apex, Starlet Glanza V, Echo T-Sport, Vitz RS, Caldina GT-T and of course, my Corolla SE Limited. Some of my previous cars includes four Mitsubishi Cordias (GSRs) and a Honda Civic.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Friendly & Unbiased Moderator

Cool, so you specialize in NA sport compacts. I think one of our old mods CDE had some Toyota with 4A-GE in his vehicle and he liked it quite a bit.
Sponsored Links