You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Import Discussion > Videos & Photos Of JDM Cars
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Videos & Photos Of JDM Cars Show off your own cars here or even just random videos or pictures you like. Pretty much anything goes. JDMVip.com does not endorse any dangerous or illegal driving. Always follow the traffic and safety laws of your country and never attempt to perform any kind of stunting or racing performed in any videos shown or linked in this forum.

The Toyota FT-86, GT-86, Scion FRS - Chris Harris On Cars

Videos & Photos Of JDM Cars

Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Default The Toyota FT-86, GT-86, Scion FRS - Chris Harris On Cars

Now this is a car for people who love to drive! I want one!

98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Great review! I've been really dying for more info on this thing. I'm sort of eyeing it as a replacement potentially for my WRX and Supra, will be great to see it and the BRZ in person. Perhaps a bit more power and she'll be set! can't wait to try one out! I wonder what it'll price Canadian? maybe 25k?
1998 Acura 1.6 EL
1998 Chevrolet Astro AWD
96 Suzuki Katana/ 97 Honda CR250R / 05 AC 500 ATV
Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

#6: All tires deserve to die! Love it!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:48 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

I thought seriously about this car instead of importing another but I figured I can always enjoy the 86/brz later as they are still not out yet and will be produced for years to come. Will also be interesting to see the year to year changes.

If I had to buy a brand new car this is the one I would have my eyes on! They've really seemed to do things right. Look forward to test driving one sometime in the future! Looking forward to seeing what the Canadian price on these things are gonna be.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:42 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

It'll defiantly be interesting to see in person, the only problem I see is that 200hp and 150 tq might be a tad too slow. Also if its kinda expensive, might have a hard time eclipsing some other options. RX8 pretty nice with a ton of mods you can get for like 13k US, pretty similar machine. (well rotary you know...)
1998 Acura 1.6 EL
1998 Chevrolet Astro AWD
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Braden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
I thought seriously about this car instead of importing another but I figured I can always enjoy the 86/brz later as they are still not out yet and will be produced for years to come. Will also be interesting to see the year to year changes.

If I had to buy a brand new car this is the one I would have my eyes on! They've really seemed to do things right. Look forward to test driving one sometime in the future! Looking forward to seeing what the Canadian price on these things are gonna be.
We're probably going to get bent over on price... I imagine if the US prices are about 25g's taxes in we can expect 35g's taxes in
Old 02-09-2012, 09:12 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

A lot of the new car prices are very close to the US right now. Except mustangs, camaro's, Genesis etc. If its like 30k its going to be a tough sell, no matter how delicate the chassis is with 200hp. Or how do you compete against the WRX etc.

I remember people were hoping the old Pontiac Solstice was going to come in cheap as well, but it was 30k+, who would buy that with 177hp. Also crazy cheap interior, shame as it was supposed to be cool.
1998 Acura 1.6 EL
1998 Chevrolet Astro AWD
Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

^Sounds like everything except performance vehicles to me.... I'm still surprised that a Canadian price hasn't been announced as they've released the American price months ago.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

They're probably waiting for it to show up first, because they know all the bad publicity they'll get when it is way out of line with US prices.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

I would buy this thing in a second. Power is just fine for the weight of the vehicle. Since it's rwd it would be a blast. Cars like these are made for canyon carving or taking to the track. These are for people who really know or want to learn how to performance drive! I had an ITR less torque and fwd and it blew away most of the cars I have ever driven the ITR was even ranked by many publications in the top 10 drivers cars ever. Specs on a brochure mean nothing. This car could be very special

edit: I would like to add I love Chris Harris car reviews. The guy seems legit and I have seen him slam a lot of cars especially the Honda civic mugen. He also personally owns a Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 so I know he likes drivers cars. He sold this bad boy to me. And whoever decides to go with gencoupe over this because it has more power and might be a similar price, well I feel sorry for you and may god have mercy on your soul
98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

Last edited by FtGF : 02-09-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links