You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Subaru > Impreza
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Understanding a Stock Boost Controller??

Impreza

Old 01-16-2012, 12:17 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Default Understanding a Stock Boost Controller??

So, I'm looking for some help on understanding how a stock boost controller reads and maps the raw data. I have a good understanding about the vacuum, boost lines and how a wast gate works. But I curious to find out the process the ECU goes through to read the raw data. One question would be with the lowest line on the stock EBC that connects to the intake. What type of values does this give and why? Is the MAF affecting boost level adjustments to control spike? Really would like to find a detailed description of this if anyone has it.
I have a EMBC and am looking to better understand the differences between the two. I want to learn how to improve on some classic issues such as spike, fade and air density changes electronically not mechanically.