You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Subaru > Impreza
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WRX's everywhere!

Impreza

Old 02-03-2012, 05:20 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Default WRX's everywhere!

There's 3 GC8 STI's for sale in Edmonton right now that just went up in the past two days. I think there are others for sale as well. Two for $10,500 and one for $9,500. A few non-STIs as well. Seems like a potentially flooded market? Anyone lurking on these forums trying to sell their car? I'm curious if people are having luck selling/ are selling around their asking price? It seems like all the sudden the asking price for a GC8 has gone up. Anyone else notice this?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

There always seems to be a lot of these cars for sale in Alberta. So many came into the country(obviously lol) and seems most people only own them for a short time and flip them. They're probably all Sorens haha.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:33 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

I agree I was trolling kijiji alberta and there was alot...
89 Volvo 244 LSX swap.
04 BMW 325i 4dr manual
Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
There always seems to be a lot of these cars for sale in Alberta. So many came into the country(obviously lol) and seems most people only own them for a short time and flip them. They're probably all Sorens haha.
Soren's flooding the market. Agreed.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:28 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

I think that should be past tense for Soren It's probably William that is flooding the AB market. Nothing bad about it, just saying William moves a lot of WRX's!!!! (and at much cheaper prices than what's listed on kijiji.)
Old 02-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Official JDMVip.com Sponsor

I wouldn't say that the market is flooded with WRX's really. There are some for sale and I do recognize most of them. Those ones I see are being sold by owners who have invested their own mods, maintenance, and other time and now selling because of changes in their lifestyles or other matters.

Prices for those ones I see right now ( the silver one and the white ones in Edmonton ) are well worth it in my opinion and maybe even the owners are selling themselves short

http://jdmconnection.ca//
Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

the market is flooded with whatever vehicle you type in the search box on Kijiji my friends. Millions upon millions of people in Alberta, of course there are going to be a few WRX's for sale.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:08 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessthekellen View Post
the market is flooded with whatever vehicle you type in the search box on Kijiji my friends. Millions upon millions of people in Alberta, of course there are going to be a few WRX's for sale.
Roughly 3.8 Million. Yes, but the potential buyers market for a RHD wrx is much smaller. When they start hitting the $10,000 price range I'd say the market shrinks further. Maybe flooded is not the right word for it. Perhaps buyers market is easier to deal with.

I agree with William that there are advantages to buying one of these (maintenance, bugs worked out etc.) If you payed $7500 landed and put in $1500-2000 maintenance (obviously I'm making some assumptions here)... This may not make your car worth $10,500. I've heard from some people that these prices are fair (is this sympathetic to the maintenance they put in? If so, is sympathy a good justification for the price) . Others are saying... give your head a shake.

I've heard some talk of a poor exchange rate etc. making the initial purchase price for a wrx higher, but I'm also seeing exporters selling landed cars for much less than this. I'm thinking recently of cars like the V-Limited Dah Hunter picked up for a steal.

So anyone have any feedback? Are people selling these cars for close to asking price?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

i doubt they are getting close to their asking price unless its a truly uniquely clean example. you'll see these vehicles for sale for a while.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
JDMVIP.com Veteran

I don't think they're going to end up getting anything close to the asking price. The average JDM WRX that came through 1-2 owners is statistically liable of "mods" such as a mystery ECU, hot air-intake and possibly proven to be unreliable to the first owner who then flipped it.