Thread: Actual RON of Shell v power Nitro

User Info Menu

Default Actual RON of Shell v power Nitro

I've had a tuner tell me Shell v power 91 is actually 99 ron equivalent in Canada and I'm having a hard time believing it, however, I'm getting way more knock than I'm comfortable with on Husky 94 and i think the stuff we have here is just bad but i don't want to switch to Shell without some research first.

The tuner told me he thinks Shell is the better gas for jdm factory maps so 🤷

User Info Menu

Very interesting thread, I have heard many stories from tuner's like yours including friends (not that they say it is 99RON but they can tune more aggressively than with other kinds of gas). I kind of doubt Shell is 99 RON otherwise why would they not sell it as 94 Octane (R+M)/2?like Chevron has? With
    I don't have any data on this but I will tell you my Legacy GT Spec B does not like Husky 91 from Costco. I would recommend any other gas including Shell, Petro Canada or if you want 94 why not go Chevron 94?

My car really liked the USDM 92 Octane from Shell.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately the only gas choices where I am is Shell 91 v power Nitro or husky 94. The rest is just random 91s like Petro or Esso. Waiting on tactrix so i can tune for our gas but in the meantime driving is sketchy because i don't actually know what fuel to use.