Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exedy KSB03 Clutch Kit Review - fits GC8-GDA WRX/STi

User Info Menu

That sucks the way the warantee works. I think I'll try and see if I can source one from uk or japan that is 225mm.

I'm surprised that excedy USA wasn't able to provide a part number for the oem 225mm.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Has anyone else successfully replaced a clutch here in canada> something that fits right and does not squeak or whatever?

I don't mind a little character but want to install something that fits properly. I can't see a serious difference in horsepower btw the gc8 and gda, the problems reported earlier in this thread are probably a misunderstanding between the original poster and Exedy about what car he was having it installed in.

Any other experience out there? Mine is starting to slip.
    '93 JDM wrx

User Info Menu

I'm the OP but do you mean the person from Exedy who posted the misinformation about horsepower between EJ20G and EJ205 (USDM)?

I knew this kit was for EJ205 and was a larger disc than stock but I read all over the place that these kits fit and work fine (they do, minus the sound problem).

I'd like someone to tell us if the 225MM Exedy clutch disc kit from Legacy Turbo Sport works well.

I don't think the HP is an issue random1, actually both Subaru and Exedy say it is just the springs in the clutch disc making the sound for some reason.

I've even read some complaints in the UK with the stock clutch disc from Exedy. My suspicion is that their quality has gone down and this may happen with other kits.

I hope someone is brave enough to try our stock 225MM size from Exedy and can report back.

Maybe someone like JDMWRX94 who can do the job himself is willing to be our guinea pig.

User Info Menu

The day my clutch starts to slip is the day I source a 224mm clutch and flywheel.

User Info Menu

Meant to say 225mm

User Info Menu

jdmwrx94 is the second known person to have this kit installed. Hopefully he'll post his experience here.

He hasn't complained so far, so I wonder if my clutch disc is just defective and that I had some bad luck with mine.

User Info Menu

any more info on this? im thinking about installing this clutch kit in my jdm 1993 gc8

User Info Menu

random1 ordered this kit but hasn't installed it now. Maybe you can bug jdmwrx94 about this kit because I know he installed it.

User Info Menu

Any updates? Opinion on stage 2 exedy clutch since stage 1 quality seems to be shit from where I've read and experienced.

User Info Menu

stage 2 and 12.5pound flywheel being installed today if all goes well will be driving tomorrow and will post my opinion!