Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Exedy KSB03 Clutch Kit Review - fits GC8-GDA WRX/STi

User Info Menu

Well I've got my new clutch installed, it makes a horrid noise when disengaging the clutch, my mechanic says that the release bearing must be dry/faulty, or maybe it is an old stock part that had been sitting in the shelf for a very long time. The noise seems to be getting better the more I drive so hopefully it goes away in a few days, otherwise I'm looking at getting a new bearing and some more hours in the shop. It's otherwise working just fine and I haven't experienced any odd noises while driving at city or highway speeds. It's nice to be able to stomp on the throttle again without the clutch letting go.
    I will eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

User Info Menu

Hey reet thanks for the update it looks like it's fairly conclusive that this kit does not play well with our cars. I'd like to see someone install the kit meant for the BD5 Legacy Turbo like someone else mentioned on the forums. Your symptoms are fairly similar to what I recall the sound does improve but after all these years it is still somewhat there. I got the full kit and the only thing I reused was the stock flywheel (machined).

User Info Menu

I'm not sure I'm 100% in agreement with you. I don't have any of the driving noises you describe, and the noise when releasing the clutch pedal is a binding/grinding noise, not squealing. My mechanic with 30 years experience says the release / throw out bearing is no good, based on my online research I agree with his assessment. A new bearing is likely to cost only $50, the problem of course is the labour involved.
    I will eat your brains and gain your knowledge.