Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Observations about JUMVEA

User Info Menu

Hi all,

I recently had a bad experience importing a car from Japan (a Subaru Forester with a screwed centre and rear diff), the exporter refused to play ball and so I contacted JUMVEA. I had a nightmare even trying to find out HOW to contact them - when I did, I sent several messages and got no reply. I think it's essentially a simple "stamp of approval" companies can buy - nothing to back it up, no regulation, etc.

I went ahead with the website so if you know anyone that's had a rough time, I'd love to hear from them.

Just realized I can't post links but if you do a Google search for "Japanese Vehicles Watchdog" it comes up first.

Cheers

Bob

User Info Menu

Where are you from Bob?

It's tough for you to do anything with an import when something is wrong. Sometimes that's a risk that you take, but there may be something that can be done...The importers/exporters may have an idea - but we need to know where you are located.

User Info Menu

Smile

Hi Soren,

Thanks for the response - I am in the British Virgin Islands (Caribbean). Importing vehicles is perfect for us here as we drive on the left. Unfortunately it means that shipping replacement parts is very expensive. My centre differential was faulty from the moment I picked up the car. Once I replaced that (at a cost of $1000), power going to the rear diff highlighted a problem there so I now need to replace the crown gear and pinion (which unfortunately are a ratio specific to the 2L Japanese model), likely another $1500.

The company - Trust Company Ltd - have refused to accept any responsibility despite the car being a grade 3.5 (free of mechanical faults).

I contacted JUMVEA and - as you can read on my website - had a hellish time working out how to reach them and have had no response when I finally did.

Any suggestions are welcome and any information you'd like published on the website would be great!

Thanks again

Bob
    Bob McKay

Report Bad Japanese Exporters at http://www.japanesevehicleswatchdog.com/

User Info Menu

First off...Welcome to the site Bob!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune .

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Fett View Post
    I contacted JUMVEA and - as you can read on my website - had a hellish time working out how to reach them and have had no response when I finally did.
    Reading through the first portion of this thread, I am not surprised you haven't had a response. Sounds like JUMVEA is nothing more than a money grab.

User Info Menu

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes we've been unfortunate I think - we've had a few friends order the similar vehicles from the same supplier with no problems but personally I think you can only measure a company by how they handle the problem sales - it's all well and good for them if everything goes smooth.

Unfortunately Trust Company Ltd have shirked their responsibility as far as I am concerned, we're stilling considering legal action at this stage.

Do you recall if any other people on the forum have had problems with any exporters? I really want to try and create a platform for consumers to have a voice!

Bob
    Bob McKay

User Info Menu

Do you recall if any other people on the forum have had problems with any exporters? I really want to try and create a platform for consumers to have a voice!
    I wouldn't doubt it.

I really want to try and create a platform for consumers to have a voice!
    That's one of the things this forum is all about! There is an entire section on exporter and vendor feedback:

http://forums.jdmvip.com/Import_Disc..._Feedback-45-f

You could do a search and see if anyone else has dealt with that same exporter. If not, you could create a new thread and detail how things happened, what went wrong, what you tried to do to have any issues remedied etc.

User Info Menu

We had a long thread going about Carrage Co. in Gifu. I was recently contacted by yet another person who got ripped off by them. Their path of deceipt continues.

Interesting website about the Japanese Watchdog. I think if someone is posting they need to add their name or some other sort of identity. It could otherwise be preceived as a rant. But, definately a very good idea.

Steven Smith
    SASTRAD KK
    http://www.sastrad.com
    http://www.japancarexportsonline.net
    I'm a Canadian in Nagoya

User Info Menu

I have been trying to contact Jumvea to no avail. Japan partner has ripped me off but as to this date have not found any means to pursue them. Contacted the RCMP here in Mission but they said that there is nothing they can do as the crime happened in Japan.

User Info Menu

Hi Randy,

If you'd been ripped off, would you mind if I posted your story on our website? I'm trying to expose as many of these exporters as I can!

Thanks

Bob
    Bob McKay

User Info Menu

3.5? I bought a ! 4 ! from auction through IBC that had a mangled left front suspension with minor body damage (fender was pulled away from the "A" piller area). Anyone who drove it more than 5 feet would have noticed the problem. Only thing auction sheet noted was that the spare was installed. Nothing about body or suspension damage.

Conveniently IBC sent me photos before shipping. Guess which 3 corners they showed me in detail and which one they left out?
    I badgered them for months and got the run around. Basically was told I would get a "good deal" on my next car. It was the 4th or 5th car I had bought from them ... haven't since.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it had been a Civic, but it was a Porsche, and those parts weren't cheap.