Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK importers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    How can you tell a true Martini model? Is there a Vin number lookup somewhere?
    Should have a plate on the dash or center dash saying it...... there is also a Porsche 924 Martini as well.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Thanks Mark

User Info Menu

Since I do not have 10 posts yet, I can not paste any links to this post.
    But will summarize (copied from other Lancia sites) some basic facts that are particular for Martini 5 or 6:

Martini 5:
    First limited edition was being sold in 27th Jan 1992 with intention to celebrate the 5th consecutive Lancia world rally championship win with Delta Models. Only 400 models were built with white body colour, grills on the bonnet a black rear spoiler, white wheels, and Martini stripes to the sides and tailgate. High-backed HF-embossed Recaro seats were standard along with black alcantara trim, red stitching and red seat belts. Each car got a numbered plaque on the centre console and 'World Rally Champion' badge on the tailgate, Clarion autoradio, Gemini alarm, air conditioned. ABS and Michelin 205/50 ZR 15 tyres.

Martini 6:
    When Lancia won its 6th World Rally Championship released this conmemorative version. White body , body-coloured rear spoiler and matching wheels. Martini stripes were applied to the sides and tailgate along with HF decals to the C-pillars, 'Martini Racing' text on the rear spoiler, 'World Rally Champion' text at the base of each front door and a large Lancia shield on the roof. Inside,air conditioned, ABS, Recaro blue alcantara seats, red seat belts, carbon fibre near the gear lever, Momo leather stearing wheel,racing gearshift, teflon bushes, autoradio Clarion & Michelin 205/50ZR15 tyres. 310 of these cars were produced between 1992-1993.

So when determing whether it is a genuine Martini or just replica this descriptions can be useful... Position and type od Martini stripes and other stickers are also important. There are planty of pictures on the net of the real Martinis.
    Both Martini 5 and 6 are EVO I non catalytic cars with interior of EVO II

Loking at the image of the Delta that was sold in auction the only thing that doesn't fit to Martini 5 description is the roof spoiler with Martini racing sticker - this was on martini 6. It has Recaro seats, red seat belts, Martini stripes, so it may be the real one...
    The owner could have replaced the roof spoiler since the original was smaller and black...

User Info Menu

Post Insurance

Hi, I am new in this forum, I just bought an import car toyota vitz and looking for insurance. All the insurance companies are giving me very high quote. Any good suggestion for my little vitz to insure.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Well, As far as I concerned about Japan Car Imoports. There are a lot of ways or good & reputed dealers present in London, who is selling Used Japanese cars at very affordable prices with full and original auction report.

I know a dealer in london named as
    You can find them below

Cheers
    Last edited by jdmvip; 12-23-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: spam/advertising

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by katherinewright View Post
    Well, As far as I concerned about Japan Car Imoports. There are a lot of ways or good & reputed dealers present in London, who is selling Used Japanese cars at very affordable prices with full and original auction report.

I know a dealer in london named as
    You can find them below

Cheers
    We've had complaints about this post as it appears to be 100% spam advertising by the mentioned company in the guise of a recommendation.
    Please see the rules for advertising and sponsors.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Well, It was not intentionally........!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not understand why other members see it spam or ad.

I just wanted to help them out.

Cheers

User Info Menu

I think the reason is because it was your first post and you haven't posted anything more elsewhere such as a review of them with pics of your car etc...

Are you really in the UK now and not a spam bot?