Thread: I'm back! looking for an agent/exporter

User Info Menu

Default I'm back! looking for an agent/exporter

Boy was I a pain. I came by to get info on importing a couple cars and I just read all of my old post/threads (pulled an all nighter). Although they were really informative I have to admit I was a pain in the butt. So this time I will not probe for trade secrets, I promise.

I was about to pull the trigger with Beforward until my JDM swami reminded me that I could save as much as $2,500 on a single vehicle if I DIY, so I'm back. I'm not trying to do the direct auction purchase myself but I would like to find a trust worthy agent/
    exporter that I can send a deposit, have them purchase at auction, I can then send the balance inclusive of all charges and have the car shipped.

I'm looking to purchase a Toyota Rush for DW and if the savings are real, I'm thinking I may as well retire my 1996 Avalon and get something else for myself.

User Info Menu

It's great to see you diving back into the agent/exporter search. When it comes to finding the right match, it can be a bit like fishing – you've got to cast your net wide!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Commwityu View Post
    It's great to see you diving back into the agent/exporter search. When it comes to finding the right match, it can be a bit like fishing – you've got to cast your net wide!
    Have you thought about tapping into social media groups or forums jdmbuysell related to your industry? Sometimes, the best leads come from unexpected places. Another idea is to attend trade shows or industry events where you can mingle and chat with potential agents or exporters face-to-face. Remember, it's all about building relationships, so don't be afraid to put yourself out there.