Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: What is causing my WRX EJ20G jerkiness and hesitation?

User Info Menu

geoff, upon viewing your video, I'd like to take back what I said about a possible leaking BPV. Based on your video, not sure what it could be Trying a different MBC like you suggested is a good idea, to rule that out or confirm, at least! My 'possible boost leak'/howl symptoms are much different, based on your video.
    '98 USDM 2.5GT BD5 EJ25D - Subaru heaven
    '98 JDM RS-B BD5 EJ20R - Current beast

User Info Menu

No worries, I will be trying a new MBC sooner or later, restrictor pill and everything else still looks good. I hope lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by modorayne View Post
    thanks both jdmvip & natsirt for the feedback...

a friend of mine also did suggested me to remove the wastegate line to see the difference, but i am afraid it will damage the turbo and the engine since it is permanently opened...
    fyi, i did changed the knock sensor last month because i guess that part is the culprit... i am quite shocked during replacing the part, as the current condition is really bad... but still, the result is the same....
    Is it possible if i say that the bad o2 sensor can cause the hesitation?
    as for mine, the jerkiness happened at 3.5k rpm and above, and some more the CEL pop up intermittently especially during cruising on highway...

i am planning to change the o2 sensor and boost solenoid soon... but still seek advice from my mechanic...i will update here, once i have replaced them...
    Have you checked for codes yet?
    I also changed my knock sensor, O2 sensor and probably anything else that hasn't been mentioned with no improvement.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_001 View Post
    Hi Guys,

OK this time ive got it sorted! Not sure if it will help anyone, but the issue was the MAP sensor.... I had a epiphany when driving home yesterday, i remembered about 6 months ago when i installed a 3 bar MAP sensor, the car bucked once and it felt like it hit a brick wall - i stopped and checked and i hadnt secured the wire properly and it had dangled down onto the exhaust and shorted out. So when i got home yesterday i checked that wire and when it fell onto the exhaust 6 months ago it had melted the rubber off 2 of the wires - over time this had corroded and the wires were shorting out when going over bumps - i unplugged the MAP sensor from the ECU and today its running perfectly again - went down the bumpiest street i know of and it didnt skip a beat - im currently throwing a CEL due to it not seeing the MAP sensor but ill fix the wiring up tonight and it should be good as new.

I guess the idea was correct about a sensor telling the ECU to stop ignition, but the sensor i was looking for was wrong - moral of the story is to make sure you secure all wiring especially when they are near a red hot turbo/exhaust

Rich
    Sorry Scooby001 I totally ignored your post. Good news you got it figured out. What kind of vehicle do you have?

Where is the MAP sensor located on these cars anyway? (Photos please )

If it's faulty and reading incorrect boost pressure it could totally be an explanation as to possible hesitation and boost problems.

Did you end up repairing the wiring and has it fixed any issues you're having?

User Info Menu

I did some digging around online and looks like the MAP sensor is in the BBoD on the twin turbos...

User Info Menu

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Have you checked for codes yet?
    I also changed my knock sensor, O2 sensor and probably anything else that hasn't been mentioned with no improvement.
    jdmvip,

unfortunately, i cant see the codes as the CEL pop up intermittently... worse case, i have to wait until the CEL is permanently pop up on the combi meter

last year i have encountered some other issue which related to TPS sensor... i did cleaned the sensor and the car back to normal, but then after 2 days, i had this weird symptom hesitation issue...

maybe it is time to change to a new motor.....EJ20 type RA maybe??? LOL

User Info Menu

^^

Are you running a upgraded fuel pump? Your issue seems like it is fuel related.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

Sold
    2001 Subaru Impreza STI GDB/ 1995 Subaru Impreza WRX GC8/1996 Subaru Forester SF5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    ^^

Are you running a upgraded fuel pump? Your issue seems like it is fuel related.
    nope....the fuel pump remain OEM factory.... or maybe you are saying that my fuel pump need replacement...??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by modorayne View Post
    jdmvip,

unfortunately, i cant see the codes as the CEL pop up intermittently... worse case, i have to wait until the CEL is permanently pop up on the combi meter

last year i have encountered some other issue which related to TPS sensor... i did cleaned the sensor and the car back to normal, but then after 2 days, i had this weird symptom hesitation issue...

maybe it is time to change to a new motor.....EJ20 type RA maybe??? LOL

As far as I know the ECU still will have the codes stored. Connect the black connects and see what it flashes . Also when my boost is around -0.1-0psi I will hear a hissing coming from the blow off valve. Once boost builds its gone.