Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GC8A-C/GF8A-C (92-96) WRX/STi Brakepad Discs Rotor Information

User Info Menu

no way.. no way. Channel locks to the rescue again? Those things have gotten me out of so many jams. One time I was driving my 82 tercel (1st car ever!) on the Qe2 between Red Deer and Edmonton, when I got a flat, no problem I thought, until I looked for the wrench, and it wasn't there.. it had fallen out of the trunk, as the wheel areas had rusted through.. quick stock of what I had, and I had a pair of channel locks... well, I was able to get all the rusted nuts off, and change the tire... I don't think I'd be man enough to do that now.. honestly. Man my forearms were engorged after that!

User Info Menu

So did the brakes match anyway? Did you compare rotors and what not? I want to order all the parts and maybe do it this weekend or next.
    08' Ford F150 Lariat Crewcab 4x4
    92 Toyota Aristo full Bippu=SOLD
    92 WRX... lots of mods=SOLD

User Info Menu

Yeah, the fronts match without a doubt. The brakes also, I got mine on Ebay, Searched for 1991 Turbo Legacy Brakes, found some in London ontario through "ucautoparts" I ordered front and rear rotors and I added brake pads too. All in, with shipping it was 225.00USD (even though he's in Canada) and it took less than a week from the time I ordered.

I am not sure, you can probably get them cheaper somewhere else, but for me I was happy. The brake Rotors are Cross-drilled and beveled edges too. The pads are nothing special, just the standard metal type dealio (not Ceramic)

Once I've got them installed and the rears too, I'll post impressions. (I guess I'll have to let you know if the smaller rears fit too)

User Info Menu

well. I tried to install the rear rotors last night, and they didn't fit - they were too thick. The stock rotors are about 10 mm, and these were about 16 or 17 mm. The actual caliper is only around 15mm wide opening.

Here was the stamped information on the rear caliper.
    Mitsubishi symbol 1409R T 2 AD38-10 as far as I could read.

The pads fit fine, and I'm deciding now if I should machine the stock rotors, or if the ebay company will swap me out (doubt it) for rotors that will fit.

User Info Menu

Have you confirmed if the fronts fit for sure and that the front calipers are stamped 2308?

I'm guessing if the fronts are the same our calipers in the back should be the same. I haven't taken off my rears at all, because I don't want to mark up my diff when jacking the car, or use the fragile side jackup points on my RA.

I wonder what rotors should be the correct fit or if you possibly somehow got the wrong rotors (meaning that somehow those rotors are not really the rear rotors for a Legacy Sport turbo).

User Info Menu

JDMVIP, Fronts do fit for sure, and I didn't write down the casting number, but that sounds about right.

I think that the Calipers should be exactly the same as the WRX ones, I've not read ANYWHERE that the STi got upgrades there.

I don't think I got the wrong rotors for the Legacy Turbo - I just think they don't fit. The company is sending me solid (not vented) drilled rotors for the rear in exchange. They are for a WRX, and I'd assume that'd be the 2001 + that we've had in NA. I looked at my buddy's 02 rear rotors, and they are as thin as mine (whereas the rears are wider).

I'll keep you posted, and maybe have some pics to share soon. I washed my car again, but there's some sap on there On the roof - I've gotta figure out how to get rid of that. My rims will be in today as well, but I don't know when my tires will get here..

User Info Menu

Let us know if the other rotors fit. I'm still surprised the rears weren't a match, but this probably means the Legacy Sport turbo used different calipers in the rear.

User Info Menu

I changed 1 of my front rotors tonight, I'd like to know what you guys saw. My original rotor has 2 holes in it that you thread a screw into for easy removal.

The new rotor did not have these convenient screw/thread holes, so once the rotor binds to the hub, it would be very hard to do the next replacement.

Do rotors from all manufacturers not have this nice feature or is it just the "NAPA" brand rotors that don't have it?

User Info Menu

oh, that's interesting, color me a newb, I didn't even know about that "feature" My rotors came off like butter - like they were just sitting on there. Same with the one rear I took off. I'll keep that in mind though, if I've got issues in the future.

I didn't notice holes on the ones I removed... but...I'll check in the coming days.

User Info Menu

Here's what I'm talking about, from this online part store every rotor they have for 91-94 Legacy Sport Turbo (front) has these 2 holes, but the stupid NAPA one didn't. This is my first and last time buying NAPA brand rotors.