Thread: Edmonton - Calgary JDM Toyota Owners Club Super Run

User Info Menu

Default Edmonton - Calgary JDM Toyota Owners Club Super Run

I only made it to the Edmonton to Red Deer Leg and missed the Calgary portion and Dyno event cause I was sick... damnit. stupid allergies to everything in the air...

any way, here are some pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

It looks like you guys had a good time, so this was some kind meet and cruise?

User Info Menu

Yes this was put on by the JTOC (JDM Toyota Owners Club) and the SOAC (Soarer Owners Association of Canada) both groups are headed out of Edmonton. Both are Facebook Groups.

The meet started in Edmonton at one of the part sources. There were models doing photo shoots with cars, prizes, stereo competitions, burnout competitions, etc. There were a few BC guys that came up for the cruise.

Then in the afternoon we cruised from Edmonton to Red Deer there were I think 14 of us that did that part of the cruise. I went home at that point. I caught a flu the day before, and thought it was just my allergies but it got worse through out the day. Everyone else cruised to Calgary and went to an import night event. Then the next day there was a dyno event and everyone got to do a dyno run. One of the Edmonton members pulled a 432 whp run!!!!!! Then another Import night. The Models were with the cruisers for the whole event so there were quite a few photo ops for members, cruisers and fans. Then the event wrapped up with a cruise back to Edmonton.

The JTOC and the SOAC has been getting good sponsership from different industry members. The Sherwood Park Toyota Dealer is now offering a substantial discount on parts and labor. They are also able to get us all the JDM Toyota OEM parts we need. Other sponsors include night clubs, parts stores, shops, etc. It just keeps growing.

Mike, the president of the clubs has put a tremendous effort into this for the benefit of all the JDM Toyota and Soarer owners in the area. The events are very well organized, very fun. The clubs also organize group buys for performance parts, dyno runs, etc.

It is a great time to be a JDM Toyota Owner in Alberta. I remember 2 years ago when JDM owners had no Dealer support... now we get a discount.

User Info Menu

Cool sounds like you guys had a good time. It's also great that some dealerships are trying to become JDM friendly.

It's about time, because it makes sense to be friendly and sell the parts and service than to have people go elsewhere.