Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
Ironraven but what does that pic prove? I'm not familiar with any of the US paperwork.

I read on some different forums and BLOGs that some JDM owners in the US are worried that their cars will be tracked and seized.

It seems there are some who definitely don't have their cars imported the right way. It sounds like NHTSA/DOT is tracking down cars based on the JDM style VINs.

But I've heard something like you've said, something about if you have a title and bond release from EPA/DOT (or something like that) then the car is truly legal and certified.
It's proof that a JDM 10 digit VIN can be registered on a US title. It obviously takes a good chunk of time though. Look at the date purchased of 10/07/2008 and the date accepted of 02/13/2009 but the title wasn't issued until 08/25/2009.

Since this guy got a title bond I think his car won't be subject to seizure... basically it's a guarantee from a company that the car is legit, meets safety standards and hasn't been stolen in another country. Or at least that's what I understand it does.