Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List Vendors Who Are Fighting For The 15-Year Import Rule For JDM Cars

User Info Menu

well, honestly I was thinking that this place was fairly BC centric - but now that you make fun of the mighty oil we do have quite a few of us here in Alberta now - it certainly didn't use to be this way though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    YOu Funny Alberta People thinking your west..

Make me Laugh..

:-)
    We just get really confused about how liberal tree hugging hippies magically leap frogged from Ontario to BC. It's kind of like how the world is round, you guys are actually on the eastern side of Canada and just don't know it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    YOu Funny Alberta People thinking your west..

Make me Laugh..

:-)

But they are?
    Last edited by Braden; 07-18-2011 at 06:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    We just get really confused about how liberal tree hugging hippies magically leap frogged from Ontario to BC. It's kind of like how the world is round, you guys are actually on the eastern side of Canada and just don't know it
    Well put

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crushers View Post
    Wow, bring back some memories here.
    back in Oct 06 i recieved an email from a customer about a statement that ICBC made about RHD vehicles and how dangerous they were. i did one quick read and posted up a rebutal on Luxury's site:
    http://www.luxuryimports.ca/faq/joinfight.php

You can read how I instituted the fight here:
    http://www.luxuryimports.ca/faq/newthreat.php

as more information came to lightread the center links)
    http://www.luxuryimports.ca/index.php (under the list of vehicles for sale)

back then i contacted Daryl C to create a website to host IVOAC, this was an owners only site with no advertising which alienated most of the importers. this was a sad situation but the proposed change affected the OWNERS of RHD more than the sellers. CAVI was created for the dealers to join and even CAVI had very little support from the dealers. Luxury (which in reality is me) paid a lot of money and more importantly time into getting people to stand up for their rights.
    as a group we won the fight, only to loose the war to the insurance issues that have come up now. now don't get me wrong it wasn't just IVOAC that should take the credit, "we" is including EVERYONE that stood up EVERYWHERE to the unjust threat. "we" as a community fought back. IVOAC was just the first to take a stand and attempt to gather owners from all across Canada to join in.

it was a nasty battle at first, i had visits to the door as did a number of the committee members to "threaten" us into being quiet. it was an uphill battle but the committee stood strong.
    Luxury started IVOAC.
    IVOAC motivated the fight.
    the fight spread

as for resources, the first wave just about broke Luxury as a company. the first fight wore me down, i don't have the funds or the energy to do much more than just help where i can.

if this isn't enough to have Luxury as a indication that Luxury has fought for the 15 year rule then feel free to remove these 2 posts.
    Wayne and Luxury Imports are a true asset for the fight to keep the 15 year rule alive. I can 100% vouch for that and as said above we all would not be where we are today without him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crushers View Post
    Wow, bring back some memories here.
    back in Oct 06 i recieved an email from a customer about a statement that ICBC made about RHD vehicles and how dangerous they were. i did one quick read and posted up a rebutal on Luxury's site:
    http://www.luxuryimports.ca/faq/joinfight.php

You can read how I instituted the fight here:
    http://www.luxuryimports.ca/faq/newthreat.php

as more information came to lightread the center links)
    http://www.luxuryimports.ca/index.php (under the list of vehicles for sale)

back then i contacted Daryl C to create a website to host IVOAC, this was an owners only site with no advertising which alienated most of the importers. this was a sad situation but the proposed change affected the OWNERS of RHD more than the sellers. CAVI was created for the dealers to join and even CAVI had very little support from the dealers. Luxury (which in reality is me) paid a lot of money and more importantly time into getting people to stand up for their rights.
    as a group we won the fight, only to loose the war to the insurance issues that have come up now. now don't get me wrong it wasn't just IVOAC that should take the credit, "we" is including EVERYONE that stood up EVERYWHERE to the unjust threat. "we" as a community fought back. IVOAC was just the first to take a stand and attempt to gather owners from all across Canada to join in.

it was a nasty battle at first, i had visits to the door as did a number of the committee members to "threaten" us into being quiet. it was an uphill battle but the committee stood strong.
    Luxury started IVOAC.
    IVOAC motivated the fight.
    the fight spread

as for resources, the first wave just about broke Luxury as a company. the first fight wore me down, i don't have the funds or the energy to do much more than just help where i can.

if this isn't enough to have Luxury as a indication that Luxury has fought for the 15 year rule then feel free to remove these 2 posts.
    I barely even knew of JDM's when this was all going on, and up till now I still didn't know it went on/is going on.

Knowing this now I sincerely thank you for everything you have personally done.

User Info Menu

guys, i appreciate the thanks. i wasn't really looking for glory, it was more a "remember me" post.

to me, ANYWHERE west of Kenora is West. Vancloudy Island is really west and i would love to live there.

User Info Menu

Only if Pakistani government was sensible enough to consider this proposal seriously.