Thread: Car dealership or online auctions?

User Info Menu

Default Car dealership or online auctions?

Hello everyone,
    I am looking to buy a slightly used car but in good condition for my family. I have a limited budget so I can afford a used sedan. The confusion I am having is that should I buy it from an online auction or any car dealership?? I have read some good reviews about SBT JAPAN, their sales team also said that they will look after every documentation work till I get it shipped at my doorstep.
    Are they reliables? Kindly assist. This would be my first car, so I have no idea about these things
    Last edited by jdmvip; 12-21-2021 at 03:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Hello Eddie, I guess it depends, where are you from and what are the dealership prices vs using an exporter?

User Info Menu

I have been in contact with two dealerships to import a car. SBTJAPAN and Jaftim Cars, both are good when it comes to prices, but I am confused. Anyways, I am willing to import it to Cape Town

User Info Menu

Hi Eddie thanks for sharing. What are you confused about, is it the process? Are you confused about buying from their stock vs auction?

User Info Menu

Tell me, Eddie, have you already bought a car?

User Info Menu

Better to go auction, that way you have a possibility of buying for cheaper. Just make sure the auction grade is good.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

I second what rhdgc8 says, I wouldn't buy from a dealership unless I was there in Japan to see. The auctions are a quick, reliable and the most affordable way to get your JDM in my experience. Any Exporter can do that for you, but it comes down to using a trustworthy and knowledgeable agent.