Thread: Head Lamps HiAce

User Info Menu

Default Head Lamps HiAce

Hello fellow "importers" . I am looking for SAE approved headlights, with "E" markings, for my freshly bought 2006 HiAce. Can anyone help with the source or even renting the headlights to pass inspection ?

User Info Menu

Have you actually been able to see them up close? Many JDM lamps will have E codes on them, even though your inspector and you may have trouble finding them.

User Info Menu

I haven't seen them up close yet, the van is still in Japan, but a buddy of mine who imported the same van a few months ago couldn't find any markings. I had the same issue with my previous HiAce, but was able to source new headlights in Russia which was an ordeal in itself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ironstalin View Post
    I haven't seen them up close yet, the van is still in Japan, but a buddy of mine who imported the same van a few months ago couldn't find any markings. I had the same issue with my previous HiAce, but was able to source new headlights in Russia which was an ordeal in itself.
    Just out of Curiosity, whatever become of this, did you find the markings?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moviematt View Post
    Just out of Curiosity, whatever become of this, did you find the markings?
    There were no DOT markings on the headlights the van came with so I bought a set from Russia, as you did, last year. I sold the van and have a set for sale on CraigsList Vancouver. Check it out if you need a set. Selling for the same $ as bought it.