Thread: A quick question about my imported car.

User Info Menu

Default A quick question about my imported car.

I imported a Nissan Serena 20x Version C26 but it has a flat battery, the issue I have is the text on the battery is almost fully Japanese. I would love to buy a new battery buy do not know the specs needed.

Can anyone help?

User Info Menu

If you pull the battery, you can take it in to Canadian tire, or any battery shop, and they can help you source an equivalent. When my Pajero Mini landed back in May, the battery was flat, the tow truck who pulled it out of the dock boosted it, and I drove to Canadian Tire, and they helped me find an equivalent

User Info Menu

+1 Nukes, that is a good idea, you could also look to see if a Group Number is shown, then take measurements or even just take the old one and compare. If you have a Costco membership their batteries are priced good and work well + nice warranty included. I've changed batteries in every JDM I've owned so far, sometimes not long after getting the vehicle and sometimes not for a number of years.

User Info Menu

yeah, there was a group number shown, but kei car = tiny battery, which canadian tire doesnt normally stock small ones like that lol, I just lucked out they had a comparable.
    And I lucked out that my truck came into the lower port/ Steveston Hwy, so was only a few blocks to Canadian Tire.

But getting back on topic, to revneil's Serena, if it's a version C26, its 2010+ which means he's not in Canada, as it's not legal, so best advise is either pull it and take it to a local battery shop, and they'll help find a similar, or, with smartphone, use the google translate app, and you can scan it with the camera, and it will translate, it's how I've been translating manuals/ documents on my imports