Thread: Prelude Headlight Question

User Info Menu

Default Prelude Headlight Question

So the past 6-8 months I've gone through 3 headlights on the Prelude. I've had nothing else blow, no warning lights, and everything seems to be charging as it should be. While bitterly installing another headlight (hopefully for a long time), I noticed that the black beauty trim as we'll call it wasn't exactly flush, and left some largeish gaps that would let water directly onto the plug, and seeing as the rubber around the plug isn't the greatest anymore, it's probably not going to hold much back. Does this make any sense? Does anyone have access to a Prelude that can check their spacing for me, and maybe post up a picture?

User Info Menu

Sorry I don't have a Prelude but what you say makes sense IMHO. If there's any gap in the housing or trim that let's in moisture then this explains why your bulbs keep dying so quickly.

Maybe you should see if you can get some new plugs/wiring harness or for a temporary fix use some kind of silicone if it will stay put.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm crazy...I know...I'll take a picture tomorrow in the daylight.

User Info Menu

Ok, here we go. I hope this makes more sense. All the screws line up, but there is a gap.
    Last edited by GregA; 09-10-2010 at 04:54 PM.