Thread: Comparison of Celica to Impreza, EVO

User Info Menu

Default Comparison of Celica to Impreza, EVO

Well I will have WRX, EVO, and Celica GT4, so we will see the differences..

:-)

User Info Menu

No offence to Celica lovers but the only match will be EVO vs Impreza, those two have been rivals for the longest time and both have their pros and cons

User Info Menu

My defence for the Celica.. (Thank you Wikipedia)

The significance of the Toyota Celica GT-Four in WRC history, previously dominated by European manufacturers, is that it was the first time a Japanese car manufacturer entered the WRC with an AWD turbocharged car and took trophies and won races. Since then other Japanese manufacturers have been successful in the WRC. Toyota preceded Mitsubishi (Lancer Evolution and Galant VR-4) and Subaru (Legacy and Impreza).

User Info Menu

OK I should have said which one I was thinking of, I meant ST205. IMHO it's a great car but really a failed attempt for the rally. Toyota was even caught cheating, they had some kind of setup to increase HP above legal limits and they got caught for it.

The ST185 was amazing and that is the one which really won so many of the races and rallies.

ST205 GT4 WRC is a great car, but still I think was a futile attempt and replacement for the ST185.

But rally aside, 239+ HP, AWD and some amazing looks, it is definitely a great car.

User Info Menu

celica st205>impreza WRX STI>Lancer EVO. That is just my opinion. I love being in a toyota.

User Info Menu

Parts avaliability and cost
    Best WRX
    Medium Evo
    Worst Celica

the Celica is my favorite car, but I got a WRX for good reason. MmmmMmm evo.