Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan auction vehicles

User Info Menu

October 13th, 2009
    Yokohama

1980 Suzuki Jimny
    Neat little precursor to the widely popular Samurai
    Watch out, it looks nice but the bottom has some rust.

October 15th, 2009
    Tokyo

1991 Honda NSX
    This one is in amazing condition. Bids start at 1800000 yen.. Yikes.

1897 BMW M535i
    Not quite an M5 but still really cool with authentic low kms. Body has many small flaws.

1986 AE96 coupe
    It's got a swap to a blacktop 20 valve engine with ITB from the later AE111. This car has many modifications to it for racing.

User Info Menu

It's my goal to own an NSX at some point in my life. God, they look timeless.

User Info Menu

those germans sure knew how to build a car in 1897!

Man, I'd be very interested in driving an NSX, but I don't think I could own one, not with the roads around here.. nowhere to drive that I wouldn't be super concerned about potholes etc... That one is Clean! There were like, 2 marks on the auction sheet!

The AE86 was really tasteful - quite nice. The jeep is neat too - I've never seen one of those before.

User Info Menu

If you think the 1897 ones are great wait until the twentieth century.

The 86 is rough but a heck of a lot better than whatever is available in the Canadian market.

User Info Menu

Yokohama
    October 20th, 2009

1989 Porsche 944, LHD

1994 Toyota Chaser Twin Turbo with mods

1995 (January) Celica GT4 Turbo 4WD

1995 (January) RX-7 Twin turbo FD3S with mods

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    1995 (January) RX-7 Twin turbo FD3S with mods

Wow, that thing is nice!

User Info Menu

RX7's are the only thing that has ever made me wish i was shorter..

Ugh..

User Info Menu

Have you thought about amputating?

It's up to you, I'm just saying.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Mark - I forgot to post regarding the last one you made with all the pictures!

regarding the paint - I didn't know you did this as well - that's really amazing! As you were describing the flat black, I sort of thought.. ugh.. no way, but wow - it actually looks really good. I guess I'm reacting based on all the flat black 240's that I've been seeing (or civic/'tegras) and they look horrible. The only thing is the grille - I don't like it dark like that - just me, but I'm not the one paying your bills! Thanks for showing that all off!
    Personally..... I do not like the flat black look. This local customer loves the movie Mad Max and has an old Suzuki bike kitted out to look like one of the bikes from the movie. He got us to paint the whole bike matt black (it was a shame as it was a nice original bike...maybe I am getting old). The following month he turns up with the RS6 wanting that done as well.

Some Japanese have money to burn....... cars, bikes are their life here so they tend to sink a lot of money into them.......good for me I guess.

We do a few other things here in-house as well..... it is more catered for the local market but I am slowly (when I have time) working on an English site and will offer the following services to export customers. We already do window tinting and paint & panel for some but most do not relies what else we do here.

Wrinkle Paint
    Very good for rocker covers, intercoolers etc.
    We also sell it via a spray can.

Mirror Tec
    We sell the machines as well.
    If anyone saw the Toyota iQ that Toyota had on display at last years Auto Saloon..... it was done by us.

Gun Kote
    We are the Japan distributor.
    Very good for high impact or heat related parts like brake calipers, engine parts.

Paint & Panel
    Paint & Panel (scratches to light accident repair work), Insurance company approved work for BMW & Porsche vehicles.

Body kits and body alterations.

Pro Shop
    High end detailing, body coating (paint protection).
    Ben (Dah_hunter) brought a black R33 Skyline from us awhile back and I ran it through our pro shop as an example for him..... I think he liked it.

Window tinting.

Plus we supply & fit HID headlights, reverse cameras, reversing beepers.

Oh.....we export cars as well.......although the exporting of cars these days is more a passion of mine (cannot get it out of the blood). The above is the bread & butter where as the sourcing (I love the hunt) of vehicles for customers, stock (I only tend to buy what I like playing with...bad habit) is my day job....... although my partner in crime with the above (Jimmy) would love me to give it up but I can never see it happening.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    RX7's are the only thing that has ever made me wish i was shorter..

Ugh..
    this is scary if hunter is saying a car is too small. He's taller than me and says he fits fine into cars I feel are impossibly small for me!

This means I could never drive an RX7.