Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JDM Subaru Impreza WRX General Maintenance Guide

User Info Menu

Yeah I wouldn't use it. I believe syncromesh is gl4 and not to be used on it's own in our type of trannys. I would take a look through the impreza threads from the lasT week. There has been a lot of really good discussion on fluids.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

does anyone have any experience with teh AMC black oil filters?

User Info Menu

Just needing to change my oil. I am wondering what size the Oil Drain Plug is.

I've tried a few sizes of wrenches, but nothing seems to fit perfectly.

Actually, don't worry. Found it, it's 17mm.
    Last edited by TicTaek; 09-26-2010 at 11:53 AM.

User Info Menu

I'm not having any luck on my own here. Trying to find spark plug gaps for a wrx. I'm sure i'm just not seeing it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't use it. I believe syncromesh is gl4 and not to be used on it's own in our type of trannys. I would take a look through the impreza threads from the lasT week. There has been a lot of really good discussion on fluids.
    +1 Speed Stick, a lot of people use dangerous fluids in our cars but I wouldn't recommend it, especially when you're using a GL4 fluid and our cars call for GL5.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sankalon View Post
    does anyone have any experience with teh AMC black oil filters?
    Sorry I've never heard of them. I'd recommend OEM or WIX/NAPA filters.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I'm not having any luck on my own here. Trying to find spark plug gaps for a wrx. I'm sure i'm just not seeing it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    For EJ20G they are PFR6G (Platinum Laser OEM from factory) or you can use BKR7E (copper) or BKR7EIX (Iridium). I believe the same application applies for EJ205 and probably many other engines.

The gap is .028-0.032 inches.
    Last edited by jdmvip; 04-13-2011 at 01:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    For EJ20G they are PFR6G (Platinum Laser OEM from factory) or you can use BKR7E (copper) or BKR7EIX (Iridium). I believe the same application applies for EJ205 and probably many other engines.

The gap is .028-0.32 inches.

Great thanks

User Info Menu

NP but I made a typo, it's .028 to .031 inches.

This thread is useful too: http://forums.jdmvip.com/showthread....ght=spark+plug

User Info Menu

Bumping this up. Just did my rear diff and tranny. Trans-3.8L Redline Lightweight Shockproof, got rid of my second gear minor grind and everything is way smoother transition. Diff- 0.8L Motul Gear 300 75w90.
    97 TYPE R STI