Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival tips for a car that's been sitting for months?

User Info Menu

did you end up getting my cars?

don know if i wil have time to get on online again..

User Info Menu

Hey Ben,

yes, cars at at your place It went fairly smoothly with only one booboo on my end (forgot to get steamship release, but that ended up working out).

I think you may have a buyer for the Celsior. That car is actually pretty cool!!! Brook drove it back, and he thinks it's pretty cool.

Hope you have a great Vacation now!

talk to you soon
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

Thats AWsome..

So tehy both are running good.. awsome awsome..

I will sleep good tonight..

User Info Menu

They both made the trip!! They require some maintenance...The Celsior is in pretty good shape! A little TLC, some nice 19's, and she'll be ballin. Everything seems to work on that car but the power steering whines a lot...but there are SO MANY BUTTONS!!! Me and Brook spent a good 20 minutes exploring that car. In the rear seats, you can control pretty much anything. You can have a message, and adjust your seat to a more relaxed position (yes, rear seats move)...I can tell you a lot more, but you'll have to check it out. The Celica is a little rough around the edges, but it runs. I think the turbo might need some work as it whines a little. But everything works well (all electronics and AC - the stock celica 10 spkr sound system is nice!).

I look forward to checkin out your pictures!!!
    == Chris ==
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd

User Info Menu

That Celsior is definitely underrated and has all the options to go from what Chris is saying. Seriously, a backseat massage, that's crazy!

Hopefully she just needs more PS fluid or worse case replacement.

Let's hope the Celica is a minor issue because GT-4 is not cheap to fix from what I hear but the overall condition is decent minus rough looking shifter and wheel which can be fixed easily.

I didn't know the Celica had 10 speakers, that's pretty sweet too.

User Info Menu

Well, the american equv - LS400 was top of its class (Luxury) beating out Mercedes and Bimmers.

I hope the celica can be up and running with only some minor things. I have no idea really...it might just be from sitting for so long and needs a good tune up.
    == Chris ==
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd

User Info Menu

For sure Chris although I didn't realize that's who Lexus intended the LS400 to compete with.

If you have some pics of the cars please post them for us to enjoy.

Hopefully the Celica will be ok too, I guess dah_hunter will keep us posted with it.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what it will need.

The Celsior was a true VIP car....complete luxury for it's time.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera so I have no pictures.
    == Chris ==
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd

User Info Menu

Let's get this thread back on track
    I highly recommend that anyone picking up their car uses the Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner, it really helped my car and cleaned out a lot of water from the fuel lines and other crap.

User Info Menu

If I did things again with my car I would have brought the LUCAS oil conditioner and possibly upper cylinder lubricant from them.

Do you guys believe the stabilizer could offer better protection for an engine when the oil is dirty and maybe a little sludgy from sitting for awhile?

I was fortunate enough that the car came with full oil and that there was so sign of sludge although the oil was slightly dirty.