Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1993 Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA Pickup Day

User Info Menu

Default 1993 Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA Pickup Day

Here are pics from the shipping yard from the big day last Monday.

Thanks to civicless for helping me out that day, I hadn't slept at all and when I was just standing around and staring at my new baby I couldn't even pour gas into it

One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of cars from JAD although a good portion were from IBC Japan as well! I'm surprised that none of the IBC Japan customers appreciate that their cars arrived.

A trend I'm noticing is that there are increasing complaints about Japan Auto Direct although it is true they ship the most cars RORO it sounds like they are one company to stay away from.

I also noticed there were a ton of Supra's because this is their first month of mainstream production.
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
    Last edited by jdmvip; 05-19-2008 at 11:57 AM.

User Info Menu

One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of cars from JAD although a good portion were from IBC Japan as well!
    IBC..... well... they did have a back log.

User Info Menu

Very true lol
    PS there will be more pics from the yard to come.

I really wish I had more time to take pics of some of the nice cars I saw.

User Info Menu

Wow, there were a lot more cars there that day than when we were there for Ben's cars. I really like some of them I see in these pics!!! Some awesome looking supra's and some nice Skylines as well.

You're car is looking sharp man. I really like it!! I really like the look of it straight on from the front. Looks great! Pretty clean too - only noticed a few little dents, but it's very nice inside and out!
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

Yeah there were so many there, the lot was totally full that day. I must have been one of the first to take their cars out...well actually I was because I got there at 8:30 on the dot

Those pics are when the car was totally filthy and dirty, I'll try and post more pics from that day and some of the car looking cleaner.

It needs one more good wash and polish even though I've already got the paint looking like new.

There is a larger dent on the front passenger door and I'm sure I could take that out myself or with one of those professional tools.

User Info Menu

If you take off the interior panel you might be able to gently push it out. There are tools so do it properly so you don't crease the panel or anything. It didn't look too bad so it should come out nicely
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

car looks even sweeter after its been cleaned.... front end is really intimidating. overall, i say its an amazing car and boy is it fun to drive....just gotta find a way to make duplicate keys lol

User Info Menu

Thanks civicless, I couldn't have done it all including the compliance without you.

Let's do it all over again when you get whatever car you've decided on.

I'm not worried about key duplication, at least you aren't insisting on taking it to the track anymore

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_RB View Post
    If you take off the interior panel you might be able to gently push it out. There are tools so do it properly so you don't crease the panel or anything. It didn't look too bad so it should come out nicely
    That's a good idea Chris, I'll look into that too.

User Info Menu

The car looks sweet man.

All of those RZ supras make me horny too BUT not as much as though BMW 850I's. Those bimmer 850's are the only bm dubs I'd ever consider owning but now I want one bad.

Good work on the car. If you have minor dents look up Paintless Dent Repair on the internet. There are companies that can remove those dents very easily and you will never know you had them.

CONGRATS!!!