Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JDM OTTAWA now Open

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmott View Post
    Thank you JDMVip, I will be honest with you, the new management came to an agreement of buying just the name of the Speedline people as they advertised their business as jdm ottawa and made the name reputation really bad as well. When our owners were working on launching the business a while ago it came across that there is someone already running by Jdm ottawa and Speedline. So they decided they will give up the name as it was registered to them. We bought it for a really small fee as they were wasting their time in the market (no disrespect to them ). We also transferred all their emails and related accounts to prevent further misunderstandings.
    I don't want to sound ignorant but there are a lot of jdm importers here in Canada (without pointing name) functioning under different business names just to cover up their past and shameful services.
    Regarding this forum we were actually advised by a customer on the phone if we were related to Speedline or have any connection with them. Lucky for us they still had this account active.
    I have to say personally that this a great forum for addressing the worst and most reliable companies in Canada or even in Japan. I am not just saying it but only time will tell as they say.
    I will be starting a new thread to eliminate the confusion about the old name and the new management. We will be more than happy to hear any small or big compliant about us or how we can improve our services to everybody around.
    Hopefully all the members will give us a chance to prove the Real JDM-Ottawa and work hand to hand with them. We would really appreciate it if you add us under the Importers list and we would like to pay a donation to the forum just to show our support and gain all of your trust by time.

Sincerely,
    JDM-Ottawa.com
    What shady jdm importers are you talking about? The jdm import game is not new anymore, people have weeded out the good, bad and ugly importers by now. Just know who to import your car through (not that hard after a little bit of research), heck, all the importers on this forum (sorry, but im going to have to disclude you because I can not find any feedback from anyone) are the best importers in the game, there are a few more that are not on this forum but it is very simple who see who knows what they are doing in this business. I would have no issue importing through any importer/exporter on this forum (Ben, Brave, William, Derek-pacific coast, ect.) because there is feedback everywhere for them and their work speaks for themselves. Good luck...

User Info Menu

This company is terrible in terms of service. I have contacted them for information, only for them to verbally abuse me, not once, but twice. They refuse to let you speak, and they are a know it all mentality. I am surprised they have lasted this long, and I would assume off of ebay sales. A short rant on Yelp from my recent discussion with them.

They probably get their items from very similar sources in Japan, so not too worried about quality, but if you ever had an issue after a sale, I do not see them working with you in any way. Please be cautious.

User Info Menu

I knew JDM Ottawa was shady at the point when I saw some cars for sale in Japan and they pop up on their website a month later with lower mileage.
    current:
    White 1996 R33 GT-R V-spec
    Black 1997 Toyota Aristo V300 TRD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmott View Post
    We have been importing vehicles and parts since 2007 to our Canadian racers and JDM lovers. We always carry plenty of cars/parts in our warehouse, and we ship from Japan on weekly-basis to better server our customers.
    Speedline can also source customers any kind of cars if they didn't already find one in our current stock. With the desired condition, color, or even install body-kits and upgrade parts in Japan. We hand pick all of our cars and all of them consist of excellent condition ratings and superior low KM's.

Thank you for visiting our Web site and for your interest in SpeedLine Hot Imports. Speedline specializes in importing Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) spec vehicles from Japan into Canada or US. We are a registered importers of JDM vehicles within the goverment of Canada. Finally you can turn your dream car into reality! We've expanded our service to include performance parts, all kind of engine parts, body parts, and audio/Dvd's. We are your one stop shop for all your JDM vehicle needs..
    spedss

We began selling cars with the vision of owning a car business based on honesty, integrity, and valued respect for others. We wanted to create a business model with a team that truly cares about people and consistently exceeds expectations of great customer service. We have never deviated from this mission, as we believe protecting our name is more important than making money. The people in this business is what makes the difference. That is why most of our business is generated by repeat and referral customers. Our knowledgeable and courteous sales team truly listen to you and care about meeting your specific needs, no hard sell and no attempt to sell you on a vehicle that you don't want or need..

w-w-w.SPEEDJDM-tk

Speedline Hot Imports
    I personally bought a car from this company and saying that it was the worst possible experience is an understatement. the company can only be contacted through email because they never pick up their phones they make it seem like it a big company but instead the only person you talk to a guy by the name on "Belal" who seems to be always on vacation when you want to escalate an issue to the managers he never wants to pass you to anyone. First i think their site is complete BS to say the least they post pics of cars on there saying that they are available but as soon as you send them the down payment they tell you they werent able to get the car you want and try to sell you something. they pick the crapiest cars on the auction block and mark up the pricing saying that its due to demand im sorry but im good with cars and know my JDM i know what the demand and average pricing works out to.
    With my purchase they clearly breached part of their regulations posted on the site because i never received the car at my house due to a mess up on their side over in japan and the car was moved to toronto instead and they forced me to pay for their custom fees and the entire amount for the car before i had any proof of paperwork that the car was mine or anything of that sort. oh and when i asked them for the proof Mr Belal would keep saying that he was sending it and never would get around to it or he would be on vacation like he seems to be almost every month since thats his excuse for not answering his phone.
    All in All never deal with this company if you want a reliable car and something worth your money because these guys are just out to screw you. before i bought this car i previously bought another car of the same kind and knowing nothing about importing cars i had a better time bringing in my car that time then going through JDM Ottawa. for example i payed for my car and the entire turn around time to receive my car was 3 months which is reasonable. going through JDM ottawa i settled for the car on July 2012 and i received the car in February 2013 didnt receive my papers to register the car or the keys until September 2013 (after getting lawyers involved might i add). And when asked as to when i was receiving my car i would get the same response saying that the car was shipped last week.
    All in All lesson learned, money lost, but i will make sure that everyone knows what a fraud JDM Ottawa really is

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your experience and good on you for getting lawyers involved when things weren't being handled right. I see many of our members have not had a pleasant experience even if just calling them. Did you ever receive the car from them and what happened exactly?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience and good on you for getting lawyers involved when things weren't being handled right. I see many of our members have not had a pleasant experience even if just calling them. Did you ever receive the car from them and what happened exactly?
    Yes almost a year after I received my car car but did not receive the paperwork or keys until 3-4 months after. And the car was nothing like described to me. And thank you, didn't have much of an option tho after a year and no car to drive and I felt if i didnt I was going to lose my money.