Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru Select Monitor/Data Logger Cable for EJ20G

User Info Menu

I hope so jdmwrx94, at least if you paid PayPal or credit card you can get your money back if the item is not received.

I might make a guide on how to make the cable yourself if it works out for me.
    I think all EJ20G owners should have this cable and software, it could save a lot of hassle, time, money and blown engines.

I bet my jerkiness will be pinpointed pretty easily/quickly by checking the sensors and other data from this cable.

User Info Menu

yeah i paid paypal, keep us informed of how good is the home made cable

User Info Menu

I think it will be the same thing. I actually just realized I over-complicated it by trying to use a serial cable instead of directly to USB.

I already have the USB to serial adapter which has a USB extension. I'll buy a second extension, rip it apart, and just splice the 3 wires (data send, data receive, power) into the correct pins on the Subaru connector side.

That's basically the same way everyone else is doing it.

User Info Menu

so again: for the Ej20Gs you can buy here too, like i had done:

EvoScan Subaru Select Monitor I (SSMI) 9pin/16pin DataLogger Cable (1990-1998)

http://www.limitless.co.nz/cables/

User Info Menu

Thanks drischnie.

I should say that you don't save much money on building your own cable, not for the EJ20G at least.

I already happen to have a USB to serial converter, and the cost of shipping the pre-built cable from another company is probably what makes the big difference to me. And I just felt like learning more and doing it the hard way .

I'm guessing most places like EvoScan charge $47 USD + $20 USD on average so that's $67 USD which is still not bad. You'll be able to diagnose so many things for a small price, less than 1 hour of labor/diagnostics at the dealership.

Even at $50-$60 these people are not making that much profit on the cables.

User Info Menu

i tryed to build my own cable yesturday with the logic comparator to strengten the signal and i kinda messed my board. And meanwhile revtronix website came back on!! woohoo but when i chech my order status it says that it's paypal pending. Then when i check with paypal, it says it's authorised and waiting... Sux lol i bought a laptop to start logging stuff, (and for my new innovate lc-1 still uninstalled tho) Anyone knows how palpal works? It's written that at the end of the month the authorisation will stop... maybe I should call them

User Info Menu

messed your board? OH NO! Really? Now what are you going to do?

User Info Menu

well, by board i mean, the little board i bought to build the logic comparator to build this cable http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/usbhowto.pdf

User Info Menu

I would e-mail Revtronix first hopefully they're really back. If you paid with credit card they should have the funds unless you did an eCheck.

User Info Menu

Yeah i did e-mail them, still waiting tho.