Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Part# EJ20G Impreza WRX

User Info Menu

I changed mine out today and it was an easy job. Spent just as much time pulling the seats out and putting them back in as I did to actually change the pump.

My old one wasn't screwed or anything but I figured it would be a nice upgrade. And yeah its a bit louder for sure the walbro. Seems to work great as expected.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

I love when the fuel pump primes and its kind of loud, makes you feel like you're in a race car

User Info Menu

Right hand drive cars are all race cars Braden.... I thought everyone knew that.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Oh, duh!!

User Info Menu

+1 Speed Stick, yes half of the job is getting the seats off and on. I think it could be done without removing the seats in less time, depending on if it's possible to angle the pump in and out of the tank.

The other part is just figuring out what you're looking at when the pump is out, it looks a bit intimidating but it's not hard to figure out.

The other thing that slowed me down was securing one of the rubber pieces to the fuel pump(not sure what it's called) but it took me a few tries until I was satisfied it was properly secure. I took my time because there's no way I wanted to do the job over.

One other thing is that it's true what people say, the OEM filter that attaches to the pump is better. The one in the kit is cheap (it won't filter as well)and doesn't reach the bottom of the fuel tank like the OEM one. I would have left my OEM one on but it looked black/burnt so I used the new one that came with the Walbro kit.

User Info Menu

I have never takin the seats out once I always go in from the trunk.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the confirmation raceready. How long did it take you to do the job this way and how hard was it to install and remove the pump from the trunk?

User Info Menu

I ordered mine from a guy on NASIOC for $114 shipped. Probably should be arriving soon, maybe it's in the mail already...
    I'll attempt via the trunk haha and do a DIY though I'd just be following the other one. Good to have a second in case the other one vanishes I suppose.

User Info Menu

Yeah, trunk is the easiest, it was some of the newer subaru wagon's that have the pump right under the rear seats iirc.

User Info Menu

hey guys, just upgraded my stock pump to the walbro 255lph yesterday, so i thought i'd post up a few pics to let people know what the task entails.

I didn't remove seats, had done it weekend before for speakers and didn't want to take them out again. Just used a socket with philiphs head to unbolt cover.

Here's a photo of the new setup, you can see the fuel guage float and the L-bracket that the pump is mounted to. the plug that came with my walbro snapped right in to the stock plug which made the job painless.

This pic shows the top part of the whole setup which you will see when you take the cover off. all that needs to be done is relieve fuel pressure, unplug pump, unplug hoses, then undo some nuts to get the pump out.

hope this helped guys