Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fuel Pump Part# EJ20G Impreza WRX

User Info Menu

Many Thanks for chipping in with your reply, I agree finding information on these particular fuel assemblies is challenging !
    It would appear there are two fuel assemblies as indicated here, (ooh cannot post links under 5 posts) there are two shown on the "opposedforces" website which lists part numbers

I have a 42021FC010 which has a red sticker on with this part number displayed, which appears to be identical to the one displayed in your pictures which needs splicing. The later revision 42021FA310 does not need splicing according to pictures that pop on when searching for this revision.
    I'm debating whether to just bite the bullet and pick up a later fuel assembly, one further question I have if you don't mind, I like the point regards using butt connectors if I attempt this I will use them, did these or the heat shrink you use needs to be specially fuel resistant or these were just regular off the shelf parts ? was just concerned with fuel melting away the plastics.
    A good resource I use for research is the "scoobynet" forums based in the UK as a fair number of JDM imports are on our shores, not sure if linking to other forums is considered appropriate but google will find it. Cheers

User Info Menu

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by greengc8 View Post
    The later revision 42021FA310 does not need splicing according to pictures that pop on when searching for this revision. I'm debating whether to just bite the bullet and pick up a later fuel assembly...
    It would certainly be easier to use a fuel pump that makes use of the original factory harness, but I suspect it would also cost considerably more for the privilege.

I like the point regards using butt connectors if I attempt this I will use them, did these or the heat shrink you use needs to be specially fuel resistant or these were just regular off the shelf parts ? was just concerned with fuel melting away the plastics.
    I just used butt connectors and heat-shrink tubing that I happened to have here. I have no idea of their durability when immersed in gasoline... which is a big reason why I staggered my splice connections.

A good resource I use for research is the "scoobynet" forums based in the UK as a fair number of JDM imports are on our shores...
    Yes, I've certainly spent time at that site, as well as some Aussie and Kiwi ones. Heck, I've even poked around a few Russian forums... thanks to Google Translator.
    Last edited by Vancouver98STi; 09-13-2018 at 02:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I kind of browsed it but I'm not really clear on it but that's probably because it seems obvious the V3/V4 pump wiring is different than the V1/V2.
    Do you think you could make a new thread specifically for the V3/V4 what the issue was and with full pics of how do do all the splicing?

I bet there must be a plug and play alternative out there for V3/V4 still but who knows.