Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone planning on getting a JZX100 Chaser or Mark II?

User Info Menu

Default Is anyone planning on getting a JZX100 Chaser or Mark II?

I love the updated VVTi 1JZ-GTE in these models with peak torque so low down at just 2500 RPM.

I would probably choose a Chaser, I love the look except for the front grille. The Mark II in JZX100 looks hideous and much older than the JZX90 model IMHO.

What do you guys think? I don't know if they'll popular because the JZX90 at least in Canada doesn't seem as popular as Aristo.

I guess resale would be tough since no one in Canada knows what 1JZ-GTE is nor do they know about Chaser/Mark II.

Even so these cars would be a blast to drive, a mid-sized luxury (somewhat) sedan with amazing sleeper performance.

I'm guessing the 0-100 km/h would probably be well under 6 seconds even for an automatic.

User Info Menu

To be blunt, HELL YES. I freaking LOVE the JZX100 Chaser since using the "LM Edition" back in the original Gran Turismo. I've also used it in numerous other video games given the chance to do so, and I'm a huge fan of the styling and power potential.

User Info Menu

Hmm... how about compliance? what can we do to the headlights on these beasts?

User Info Menu

I'm seriously interested in one of these is a manual lol. And I believe they are available next year.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

So are the 96 jzx100's obd II?

User Info Menu

The JZX100 was released Sept 1996...

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Ok cool. So 14 months to go. Means I should buy mine next summer So September 96 makes them obd II then?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinpwr View Post
    Hmm... how about compliance? what can we do to the headlights on these beasts?
    Swap in, pass inspection, swap out.

Not the legal thing to do, but the only reasonable thing to do if you want to keep your car looking half decent (assuming there are no oem dot headlights like some cars).

User Info Menu

I'm wondering if customs headlights are going to be popular soon. The more time goes on, the more the headlights become unique and impossible to find a replacements.

There are already customs ones for R32s but they are not mass produced. The last I heard, a run of 500 would cost about $1200 a pair. That's not really too bad. Of course the quality wouldn't be OEM but it would be legal (insert your anti regulation sediment here).

JZX100 Chasers could be big. They have excellent tuning potential, are wonderful cars to drive, and have a design that will continue to look great over time.

User Info Menu

$1200 for a pair of headlights! That's ridiculous!

Ya aftermarket DOT approved factory look a like would be good if made by a company like depo who probably wouldn't make huge markups.