Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ST205 who can afford a 14 hour clutch job?

User Info Menu

Sweet will do!
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    Im going to be putting a Stage 2 clutch in my Track evo soon.. i will let you know.. Check my Thread under Evos..
    Did you get the clutch done? I still don't think the clutch in the EVO would be as bad as ST205.

User Info Menu

If you get someone who has done it before, they can typically do it alot faster. kuksshop.com. this guy has done a few i believe....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B-Pro Auto Vendor View Post
    If you get someone who has done it before, they can typically do it alot faster. kuksshop.com. this guy has done a few i believe....
    +1 for this but not kuksshop, I got an out of province through him 3 years ago for one of the first jdm cars I bought and he charged me 300 for daytime running lights which took him 10 min to wire in ($60 for a relay which is sold for $5 at canadian tire), won't mention other things.

User Info Menu

$300 for DRL's? Ouch....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    $300 for DRL's? Ouch....
    this was great compared to the other charges been doing my DRL lights ever since lol. This was a time when I knew nothing about cars

User Info Menu

I think everyone knows that feeling..

User Info Menu

I've read about the job, its pretty big, there is a lot of stuff to disconnect, but I agree its likely not 14hrs with someone experience, more like 7 I bet. But anyone who is amatuer good, 14hrs no problem, my 3000gt took that EASY with all the fun discoveries and stuff in out, in out (how do you get it back up again? stupid subframe hump) 3rd time I did it, 5min to get tranny on motor, first time, 4hrs.
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

^I don`t see it being easy to find someone with recent experience changing the clutch out on these cars.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Toyotas seem to be bastards for clutches. We did a Caldina GTT at my old man's shop, and it was a motor out job. The whole bill came to ~$3k
    Automotive Fanatic.

Currently:

93 GC8 WRX
    93 R33 GTST (R334 conversion)
    86 FC3S RX7 (Holset "enhanced" 1UZFE powered)
    55 F-100