Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drain Plug + Gasket for Engine & Transmission Gasket

User Info Menu

Default Drain Plug + Gasket for Engine & Transmission Gasket

I don't know if these part numbers are world wide but this is what I got from Wolfe Subaru in Langley, BC (Canada)

I also don't know if these work or fit but I told the parts person it is for a 2002 WRX. I was also told the tranny and engine gasket seals are the same so I'll test the gasket on the transmission when the oil gets done next week.

I will update this thread to let you guys know if these fit.

Update: I have confirmed the engine drain plug & gasket are a perfect fit. This would likely fit any EJ block as far as I know (but don't quote me on that). If someone knows for sure please post here.

This gasket & drain plug is NOT correct for the transmission. The transmission uses a double sided flat edge gasket and the bolt is much larger.

Drain Plug for Engine:

Part Number: 807020010 (Plug, 20x14)
    Size of Socket: 17MM

Gasket-For Drain Plug aka Seal for Engine & Transmission
    Part Number: (11126AA000)
    Last edited by jdmvip; 07-15-2008 at 11:37 AM.

User Info Menu

you dont need the gasket to change the oil on the gearbox and rear diff (not unless you have oil wheeping from the gaskets....

just undo the sump plugg and let the oil drop out (make sure you get a new crush ring for the sump plug (brass washer thing)

the rear diff. undo the top nut first.then the 1 underneath to drop the oil..

allways undo the top bolt first (on the rear diff)..the last thing you want is to drop the oil then have trouble getting the top nutt out as you wont be able to refill it

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info, I just grabbed to cover my bases.
    I do have the brass washer thing, I guess that's AKA "Gasket".

Good tip about the top bolt, I'll definitely do the top first but I doubt it will be an issue because I have a breaker bar handy just in case.

User Info Menu

nice shout with the bracker bar . i had to use a leg lol

User Info Menu

rofl wrxtypeRA, I've had too much trouble with seized bolts that I don't want to have the hassle anymore.

The breaker bar was only like $35 CAD or more like 16 Pounds for you so it's the best investment you can make

User Info Menu

Just an update, as usual your local Subaru dealership can't be trusted. Wolfe Subaru was wrong about the transmission drain plug and gasket.

The transmission drain plug is much larger and the gasket is completely different from the engine gasket in size and design. The transmission has no protruding edges and is of course much wider.

User Info Menu

Also the engine drain plug & gasket is correct. I know for sure because I threw out the original that came with the car and replaced it.

Important Note about Drain Plug Gasket:
    The side of gasket with round edge should be making contact with the drain pan. That means the flat side touches the drain bolt.

I had a leak after my last change and also on this new change even though it's a new plug with new gasket. That means the gasket was originally installed the wrong way coming from Japan! And I thought they had better mechanics lol...
    Last edited by jdmvip; 07-15-2008 at 10:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Anyone have a magnetic drain plug?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cmyles View Post
    Anyone have a magnetic drain plug?
    I have a magnetic engine drain bolt but i can't connect my temp sensor to it lol. I'll need to find an adapter or something anybody know how I can make it work?

User Info Menu

im looking into ordering the dimple magnetic drain plugs for oil and the transmission and i just wanted to make sure im getting the right ones. Is it the same as an 02/03 wrx?