Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1994 WRX Wiring Info for Remote Starter/Alarm Installation

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rubaru View Post
    yeah alright well cheers ill take a look at my wiring and see if i feel lucky enough to instal it. otherwise ill pay 60 bucks and have someone else do the instal
    Yeah I considered getting it done before, but it was just me being lazy haha, and most shops said they wouldn't guarantee your starter would even work after the install because its a JDM. Basically you pay the 60 bucks and they try to make it work and if they cant, then youre screwed out of 60

User Info Menu

It should be a relatively easy installation if you can cut and solder wires together. Just getting at some of those wires might be a pain. I will try and use the wires to my turbo timer but am not totally sure which one is which yet heh.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GC8REX View Post
    Yeah I considered getting it done before, but it was just me being lazy haha, and most shops said they wouldn't guarantee your starter would even work after the install because its a JDM. Basically you pay the 60 bucks and they try to make it work and if they cant, then youre screwed out of 60
    yeah thats exactly what the guy told me is that "hes not sure if it'll work"
    screwed out of 60 bucks and a football field of useless cables shoved all inside my car..
    1994 Subaru WRX STi Ver.1 Mar56/100

Pawel Ingemar Tworek

User Info Menu

Just a note from an earlier comment, you can tell if you had a remote door unlock, if you have a black square box on your maplight.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GC8REX View Post
    Yeah i've had one sitting around for like 2 years haha, figure I should put it in before winter. Should you be able to just tap into that relay and open it electrically instead of mechanically? I'm not really sure.
    You could probably trick the system into thinking the drivers door lock has been flipped, unlocking all but your drivers door. But that's not very useful. So you have to install like a servo motor to flip the drivers switch when your remote is pressed, once the drivers door switch is flipped, the rest of the doors unlock. No other way to unlock/lock the drivers door other than using your key or flipping the switch from the inside.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    You could probably trick the system into thinking the drivers door lock has been flipped, unlocking all but your drivers door. But that's not very useful. So you have to install like a servo motor to flip the drivers switch when your remote is pressed, once the drivers door switch is flipped, the rest of the doors unlock. No other way to unlock/lock the drivers door other than using your key or flipping the switch from the inside.
    Hmm that makes sense... Wonder what winfab was referring to then?

User Info Menu

Guys the system is a one wire doorlock system. Same system as alot of early Subaru vehicles. My maplight in my car looks like a normal maplight in any JDM Impreza, no black box of any kind.

I will get some pictures up as soon as I can, to help you all out. Whoever tells you that they'll install it, and then tell you they won't guarantee it will work, isn't worth 2 cents IMHO.

I've been installing for 17 years, so don't hesitate to ask me any questions if you're trying to install yourself.

The wiring colors and locations above are all correct, except for the doorpin. Come to find out that is for the drivers door only. You can grab the wire at the pillar like was posted. I will update this when I get the correct information.

Cheers

Jay

User Info Menu

where do you live winfab???
    1994 Subaru WRX STi Ver.1 Mar56/100

Pawel Ingemar Tworek

User Info Menu

/waiting for info so I can pass it along to my installer when I get my alarm/start put in next week :P

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VTAKLOL View Post
    /waiting for info so I can pass it along to my installer when I get my alarm/start put in next week :P
    Not puttin it in yourself? lol let us know how the pro install goes :P