Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Premium Imports Complaint from Red Deer/Edmonton, Alberta

User Info Menu

**Attention**
    This scammer is at it again.

I was contacted by a gentleman in Edmonton in the fall and he was calling to see where his car was (A 2003 Hummer and a Honda NSX from Japan for under 20,000 total which is ridiculous price-wise..plus you can't legally import anything newer than 1998).
    I told him that he must have the wrong number because I didn't have a current order for anything like that. He then went on to say that someone claiming to be an employee of B-Pro Auto (a 6foot tall asian gentleman) had already got $10,000 toward the vehicles. This is ridiculous as I'm the only person at B-Pro Auto, owner and founder. I'm 6feet tall, white as can be with blonde hair. I explained this to him and said I thought he was getting scammed. I was not sure where this guy was advertising to get in touch with people looking to import. But it made me very very angry, We both filed a police report and that was sufficient to get a warrant for his arrest.

I thought it was all taken care of.
    Until I was contacted again by someone saying "where is my car". I guess after the car doesn't actually show up and after lots of delays people get skeptical and actually search for my site and call my actual phone #. But I said I had no order for a twin turbo MK4 Supra, and that I did not meet with him last week to get a deposit for a car. I was really confused, because this time he said that "Brian" From B-Pro Auto met with him and gave a B-Pro Auto invoice. I asked him to describe what I look like. He said 6 feet tall, asian with black hair. Again that made me deeply frustrated that someone would do something like that. It's wrong on so many levels. Coming from a business background and education it absolutely infuriates me. I guess he acquired a copy of my invoice from a real client or something. Anyway, he did get arrested a few weeks ago here in Calgary thanks to the "Supra Customer". But I somehow don't think he'll stop, and I don't think he'll get sufficient punishment.

Guys, only deal with a registered, city of Calgary/Edmonton etc. business licensed, AMVIC licensed importer. ONLY deal with the phone numbers and email addresses you find on official web-sites. PLEASE. I don't want anybody else to get scammed. For anyone importing, I'm happy to show my personal government ID, B-Pro Auto business license, AMVIC license, dealer insurance---anything you need. But please be careful and do your due diligence. Anyone else who thinks they may have fallen prey to this, please file a police report. You can message me, I'll give you the old police report #'s so you can reference them so it's easier for the police to consolidate the information pertaining to this case.

Looks like someone else fell victim to this scammer too, does anyone know who this is? Let's get him filing a police report. I think there is some remediation that may be available to help re-coup some of the money according to the investigator I was talking to. http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ496488385

Needless to say this is bad for business. And deeply troubling. Come on guys, let's work together and make sure this never happens again.

thanks

Brian Stephenson

B-Pro Auto

www.b-pro.ca
    Last edited by B-Pro Auto Vendor; 06-28-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    B-Pro Auto
    www.b-pro.ca

User Info Menu

If anyone was scammed, message me. I'll get you more info, and send you the police report file #'s that you need to reference in your police report. Any other thoughts about how we can stop this?

I'm going to be drafting a letter to my MLA to escalate the issue to make sure appropriate attention and restitution is achieved.
    I encourage others to do the same. I can give my template to anyone interested.

thanks
    B-Pro Auto
    www.b-pro.ca

User Info Menu

Wow, this thread keeps going on and clearly people are still being scammed. Due to the laws of Canada it is easy for them to get away with it or resume this fraud even when they are caught and convicted .

B-Pro/Brian, I'm sorry to hear what happened to your company. I recommend you sue the person responsible. Importers like you and JDM Connection/William have been a great help here to the community to help clear this up.

+1, if anyone has been scammed please report it to the police and get in touch with Brian.

User Info Menu

Yeah it's silly. I think a well thought out letter to an MLA will escalate the situation, because there's simply not enough punishment for something like this otherwise. He's probably scammed close to 500,000 from the JDM community. I personally know a few people that were scammed almost $20,000 from this guy!

Thanks for the help with this, guys! cheers.
    B-Pro Auto
    www.b-pro.ca

User Info Menu

That's a great idea, my perspective is that this went unnoticed because not enough people took action. I strongly believe that these types of people never get away with it in the end and usually end up with nothing at some point (stolen money never lasts and always catches up with people).

I'm also glad that so many people have bumped this thread and reported their experience, at least this can help stop some from becoming the next victim hopefully.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Slowboi; 08-29-2018 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Request from poster to delete

User Info Menu

Holy I have not checked this in years basically cause I was so mad at this loser and what he's done, I have read everything everything from Brian you being screwed over with him using your name and this new girl that has been basically horrified, I do not know of his whereabouts or numbers or anything but holy, I hope someone does, I have a pretty old Mazda truck that likes to ram in to things!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B-Pro Auto Vendor View Post
    Yeah it's silly. I think a well thought out letter to an MLA will escalate the situation, because there's simply not enough punishment for something like this otherwise. He's probably scammed close to 500,000 from the JDM community. I personally know a few people that were scammed almost $20,000 from this guy!

Thanks for the help with this, guys! cheers.
    I hope something happens. I kept all the emails from him to hopefully track down my money.

User Info Menu

Wow this thread keeps continuing and it sounds like this person/company is still continuing in the same pattern. Very unfortunate hopefully whoever has been impacted by their actions will report it to the police etc...