Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Imports Complaint from Red Deer/Edmonton, Alberta

User Info Menu

Default Premium Imports Complaint from Red Deer/Edmonton, Alberta

Hi, I am new to this site and new to the whole importing thing.
    I do know of one importer by the name of Shane Ichiro. He had ripped me off and I would like to know if anyone else has been to.
    His buisness is "Premium Imports" out of Edmonton Alberta.
    It has been two years and I have been trying to get my money back and each time i confront him, he has a new story about why i cant have it back.
    Now, I didnt sign any papers and under legal terms it would be illegal cause I was 17 at the time.
    If anyone knows or has been part of something like this please let me know what you did.
    Thanks for your time.
    Dylan Reid.

User Info Menu

Sorry, I haven't head about them at all but two years is a long time to be given the run around. Do you have big friends. It seems that he doesn't consider you a threat.

You can do a lot of damage to his company's reputation. I suggest that you do. Enough is enough.

Before we get into that, please tell us the situation and how you got ripped off.

User Info Menu

He doesnt think i'm a threat cause im not very big haha
    What he did was when i was 17 i was interested in Importing a Skyline, but he didnt have any papers to sign and any money i gave him was to be held untill full payment is recieved what he started doing was taking the money and putting it into a auction for hold, without my consent though. Than when I told him I did not want to pursue this, he than said in order for me to get the money i invested out, I would have to have 1000 invested in the account to recieve any back. Than after that he told me i would have that money 6 hours after transaction. he never did the transaction than started making up stories and saying he didnt recieve the payment when my bank told me he accepted so at that point he was lying to me. I have informed AMVIC about it and i am waiting for their reply.
    He owes me $887. which again has been two years since.

User Info Menu

Normally I would not come on a forum and slander anyone or business. However this is not the first time I have heard the same about this guy. It's really awful that guys like this will make a great market like this into a " never again " for some buyers....

If Amvic won't help you out, insist that if they don't you'll have service Alberta aware that they did not want to do their job for you

Here is his website by the way http://www.premium-jdm-imports.com/

User Info Menu

That website says they are in Red Deer, OP said Edmonton.
    Just wondering whats what??
    That really sucks that you got ripped off.
    Don't let this turn you off of the import game, we have many great importers/exporters on these forums that will be happy to get a good, quality car, for cheaper than you were probably quoted from the "other guy".

EDIT: I just looked through their "stock". By the looks of it they just find cars on the local kijiji and list them on their website as their own.
    Every car on their stock page is currently on/was on kijiji.
    I would stay very leary of this company.
    Last edited by Braden; 03-19-2010 at 12:16 PM.

User Info Menu

I see that Narek guy driving around red deer in a rough beat up blue r33 all the time. I've heard of these guys but never talked with them. I think they may be at a place called prt in red deer.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Sorry, it could be Red Deer, cause he said he was living in edmonton and his number is an edmonton number. But his friend yes is from Red Deer.
    Thank you for your concerns and I still have my drive for imports haha. Just wishing that their werent guys like him that do this and since I was 17 at the time when we did this I was not of legal age for importing.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=EDIT: I just looked through their "stock". By the looks of it they just find cars on the local kijiji and list them on their website as their own.
    Every car on their stock page is currently on/was on kijiji.
    I would stay very leary of this company.[/QUOTE]

The cars that they have on their site they put on kijiji, that red RX-7 that says sold was his in 2008.

User Info Menu

Sorry Braden i did go back to his site and I saw that there is one RX-7 for sale on the site. and I cant help but notice that on kijiji about a month ago, that same RX-7 was on there and was saying he is moving and has it priced waay below what its worth. he had it up fro 5500.
    noticing that, now I would watch out when dealing with him.

User Info Menu

haha I swear that silver supra with eyelids I've seen rolling around the streets of Regina.