Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see from a parts supplyer

User Info Menu

Default What would you like to see from a parts supplyer

Hi there everyone.
    As the title says i am interested in what sort of parts you guys are interested in buying from a parts supplier.
    I am new to this website but have been involved mainly in the Delica world but would like to help out other JDM community's with affordable quality parts.
    I am the first Distributor in North America for Blue Print parts who are the biggest suppler in Europe of aftermarket replacement parts for Japanese vehicles.All Blue Print parts carry a 3 year warranty and are sourced from Asian
    manufactures like Nitto,Micro and GMB.
    So please let me know what you guys are interested in.
    Thanks
    Paul

User Info Menu

Hey Hey! Fantastic, and I can't remember if I've welcomed you or not - so welcome!

As a Diehard Subie guy.. I'd like to have availability of parts for the WRX / STi and Legacys.. and in a couple years, parts for Forester.

I'd be really interested in unique parts - lips/spoilers/sideskirts. Funky Headlights/fogs/sidemarkers etc.
    I'd love to have access to strutbars, gear shift knobs, speakers..
    And of course all the little engine parts - BOV's, MAF, TPS, O2 Sensors - all the little picky stuff that can go wrong on these guys.

I'm sure that others would love muffler systems, and intercooler options, plus piping.

Interested to see what you've got, and what you'll be selling, as well as what you'll contribute here! Glad to see you!

User Info Menu

the most annoying common part to get on a r32 skyline GTR is front rotors. they are unique to the car, difficult to find in Canada and are grossly overpriced. availability of that would be fantastic!
    99 Ver.5 STi Type RA Limited
    99 FD3S RS - Innocent Blue Mica

User Info Menu

How about Spacegear headlights?

Other things that are needed for compliance like headlights of different vehicles / side markers.

There are a few parts that are common problem parts like the pitman arm for the Hilux or the complete underbody of the Lancer or Delica due to rust... Just joking on that one but you know what I mean.

Tune up parts and a listing of the fulid types and levels for JDM models would be really helpful.

User Info Menu

Are you considering offering parts in general for any JDM? Would your plan be to have a lot of stock on hand or order on demand?

Do you plan to do new and/or used parts? Are you planning on getting into more maintenance/repair parts or performance/upgrades?

I can't really post an honest answer without knowing that. But without considering anything if you could get used and new parts and be able to get them to people quicker and for less than any other company whether in Canada or in Japan I think you could do very well.

One thing that there is a shortage of IMHO is a company to get you things like engines and transmissions that is considered honest and reliable. I don't think there are many reliable companies in general for this.

Those are my 2 cents on a whim. Good luck with it though.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the responses guys.
    I currently have stock of the LHD L400 Spacegear headlights PM me for prices it anyones interested.
    Unfortunately Skyline parts usually are quite expensive but if you want me too i can price some out for you.
    I am planning on carrying general maintenance parts for the vehicles first off and if there is enough call for tuning parts then those as well.Its hard sometime to compete with the Big Boys with the tuning parts as they have better buying power.
    I have access to new parts and also some used parts here and in Japan.
    The used engine and transmissions is very difficult to get a reliable source in Japan and buy the time its shipped here and installed it too late to return it!
    I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys wanted as i am still new on here.
    If anyone wants me to price anything out for the then you can send me your requests.
    Thanks
    Paul
    Last edited by Pacific JDM Parts; 03-26-2010 at 07:25 AM.

User Info Menu

How about an HKS or Tomei metal head gasket. 1.8mm thick. 83.5mm bore.
    I know how much I can get parts for but if you can get them cheaper then I can send people your way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    How about an HKS or Tomei metal head gasket. 1.8mm thick. 83.5mm bore.
    I know how much I can get parts for but if you can get them cheaper then I can send people your way.
    For what vehicle?
    Your avatar says your in Yokohama so surely you could get them even cheaper than me?

User Info Menu

I’m sorry, I was really tired when I wrote t hat...

Disregard please

User Info Menu

Mad tYte amber corners y0!
    Haha, just kidding. Welcome to the forums.