Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My FD build a couple years back

User Info Menu

wow, it's come along great. Loving that cb hood, really suits the car

User Info Menu

How did u blew up your motor? I have a buddy ran high boost 22psi, and blew his motor, and at the same time he was asking for trouble. I believe he was running stage 1, turbo exhaust,dp, intake, PFC. Now he has a freshly rebuilt motor mild streetport, 99spec turbo, fmic, pretty much stage 3, and he's pushing 365whp. You probably know Dave and Marco from Mazdees in Pickering?

User Info Menu

I've heard of the people from Mazdee's but never met them personally. My motor blew when I was running 15psi (450whp) but my 44mm Tial wastegate didn't hold the boost at 7k RPM and it spike to 19psi. Being untuned for 19, the motor took a shit real fast. Broke an apex seal, but luckily only a small piece shot through the turbo and did no damage. There was a very large piece of an apex seal sitting on one of the ports when we took the engine apart that would definitely have shattered my turbo if i didn't let off right away when the boost spiked. 22psi on the factory twins (whether they are 99spec or older) is a completely different ball game in comparison to running a large single like myself.
    Alcohol injection (in my opinion) is a must when pushing the car over 15psi with a single.

I'd be interested in the actual specs on your buddies car, because when it comes down to it, there is no such thing as Stage 1, 2, and 3, unless it's something like a clutch (I have a Spec Stage 3+ clutch) or BNR Turbos
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

damn, great job mate. I was planning to buy an fd3s as my project car, but it seems like it's going to be too much dedication lol.

User Info Menu

So here are some of the latest pics. Nothing too special.
    Coilovers and front lip are now on. I'm very happy with how the car is looking this year so far. Only a few more things to go, and then she's off to the dyno to hit that magic 600+ number

Last edited by thebisnac; 05-01-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

CF FEED side skirts? I'm thinking of getting one, but I dunno wether I should go with CF or fiberglass. Definately it looks hot though!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    CF FEED side skirts? I'm thinking of getting one, but I dunno wether I should go with CF or fiberglass. Definately it looks hot though!
    Yeah I'm a huge fan of the feed cf skirts. Aerofiber (vendor or rx7club) has them for a great price
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

The skirts are a nice touch, love the black and silver

User Info Menu

Amazing car... Keep up the awesome work.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Amazing car... Keep up the awesome work.
    Thanks Braden
    And thanks again to you William. You allowed me to start this sickness, or for lack of a better word, addiction, haha!
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2