Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My FD build a couple years back

User Info Menu

This is an awesome build thread. I like it when someone does all their own work.

You did it all, suspension, engine and body mods.

I think you have a really nice RX7 example. I'm guessing your 0-100 km/h time is about 4.0 seconds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    This is an awesome build thread. I like it when someone does all their own work.

You did it all, suspension, engine and body mods.

I think you have a really nice RX7 example. I'm guessing your 0-100 km/h time is about 4.0 seconds.
    I'd love to say I did all my own work, but I did mention in the start of my build thread that all this work has been done by Brent at BSC Motorsports. I'm unfortunately not mechanically inclined, so I have to fork up the cash for labour its all worth it though when I look back at it.
    As for my 0-100...I have never really timed anything from a stop, I'm more into rolling starts. I do not condone street racing whatsoever but I have been able to get beside a Lambo LP640 from a stop and gave it a good as kicking, and from a roll a GSX-R 750 didn't make the cut either (both instances were about 2 years ago when I first got the 7 back from the shop) I'd be really curious as to what times I can actually pull. Ill try to get some time to make and post a video of how she runs
    Mike
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

lol sorry for the mixup, I really didn't read anything but the pics which seemed to tell a story.

I'm not surprised that your car could take a Lambo with your power to weight ratio. I'm really curious about how quick your RX7 is, do you have any tracks near your house?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    lol sorry for the mixup, I really didn't read anything but the pics which seemed to tell a story.

I'm not surprised that your car could take a Lambo with your power to weight ratio. I'm really curious about how quick your RX7 is, do you have any tracks near your house?
    Unfortunately the closest track is approximately 3 hours away from my house. I have never made the trip due to the fact that it would be a tank of gas each way + race gas + if I ended up blowing shit up, it would be quite expensive to tow it back. Also I guess in the summer when I'm working 80+ hours a week I like to just relax on weekends. These all seem to just be excuses, so maybe this year ill grab a trailer from work and bring my car to the track.
    Looking at RX7club there are 7's in the high 300 to low 400whp range that are running mid-high 10's. If I had the right tires I'm sure I can run something quite similar, but not having a roll cage will prohibit me from running a second run if I hit a 10. A cage will have to wait a while since 9k just went into an engagement ring
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

A little teaser pic of the new headlights

The FD is still at the shop getting some more work done for the season. should have it back for part of the weekend, then I'll probably bring it back again.
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

So I got the car back for a few hours today. Very happy with the new lights

It really needs a cf front lip, but i think Im going to wait until the 99 spec parts get put on when shes painted
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

Headlights look great, on some FD's they dont suit the car, but yours look great because of the hood, lip, and skirts IMO.

FD's are such sweet cars...

User Info Menu

I love the carbon fibre hood, do you have any update on your JDM RX7?

User Info Menu

Unfortunately no updates these days. A couple weeks ago I blew the turbo. I'm thinking when I blew the engine a couple years ago, it damaged the turbo more then I originally thought. It's going into the shop in the next few weeks to see if the turbo is salvageable, but if not, a T88 will be going in it's place
    There probably won't be many more upgrades to this car. Just want it at 550-600whp and call it a day. Been searching in the states lately for a low mileage 997 Turbo to have as a Summer car. I'd still keep the FD, but it would spend most of it's time in the garage (like it does already)
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

Who's FC is that beside your FD?