Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need advice quick!!

User Info Menu

DO IT AND FIND ME A MINT AE86 !! lol respect to ya kid .. live the dream .. if head gasket goes buy a trd metal one prob solved !!

User Info Menu

Braden, you asked for advice, and I can understand where rees is coming from here. I'd be contacting William, and getting the car you want. If it's a Supra that floats your boat, then maybe this one is worth considering, but living just outside of S'toon, I don't know.. a Supra doesn't seem to be a great choice for your area - and winter is going to be really interesting with a rear wheel drive supra..

I just hope everything works out for you, and I don't think that's anything different than rees is suggesting.

User Info Menu

I know, but I asked for advice on a shipping company, not on a car.
    I live in Martensville, we are a city of about 7k people. We are literally 6km's out side of saskatoon. All paved roads there and in Martensville, plus I am buying a winter beater.
    This guy got an offer locally so I said feel free to let it go. I am going to be contacting an importer...
    Last edited by Braden; 04-12-2010 at 11:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Bahh...
    Sorry for being a dick guys...
    First car purchase, im going to be spending lots of my money and its down to the cut now and im nervous... and edgy.

There is a nice EVO 3 on the auctions going up for sale on the 16th... Awd will be an all season car and its turbo... It is missing the right rear door window, but it is a grade 4 and has low kms.. I am guessing the car will go cheaper because of this. JDMVIP if you could could you please delete ALL posts in this thread except this one and move it to the evo section? Could you also re title the thread "Car search"..

Thanks for understanding guys... I am going to try to babble not so much and stfu for now...
    Thanks

Braden

User Info Menu

Hey Braden one thing I suggest is to really hammer out what you really need from this car. Also set a price range not just for the car but possible insurance and maintenance. You seem to be changing your mind a lot. Of course I understand it's tough to make a decision with so many awesome options. One thing you have to consider with the EVO is parts. The aftermarket doesn't seem very big around here and the equivalent engine that was in NA many parts do not work with it. So are you going to have the money to get tougher to find parts? Also the added expense of running high octane gas for turboed cars. These are all things you have to think about.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Hey,
    Insurance is ~$80 a month, I can afford insurance and gas...
    I want a supra but it is just not practical I guess. This will be better because it is 4 door, awd and turbo.
    I am not going to be modding the car (other than a turbo timer, bov, and exhaust) so it should stay reliable. Subarus look great, but I like the looks of the evo 3 better. I have a good paying job, I am not worried about the money...
    Thanks
    Braden