Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice quick!!

User Info Menu

Default Need advice quick!!

Sorry to make another thread, but I found a silver MKIV with 46000kms in Toronto for an awesome price.
    Who should I ship the car with??
    I dont want searail...
    I found keewest that looks good.

User Info Menu

I've changed the topic and moved this to the Supra forums.

Sometimes there are decent cars around locally but you've probably seen that most of them have some undeclared issues.

Do you have a link to the car? Is this an RZ or SZ?

User Info Menu

Do you think you could move it back?
    I was asking about shipping advice, figure it would get more hits up there ^^

It is a SZ, 5spd, 46000 kms, $8500. All stock.
    He started to turbo it but couldnt afford the rest of the parts, so he sold the parts and it selling this car to buy a turbo car.

http://s991.photobucket.com/home/danielsepe

I am going to get him to take it to a mechanic and get some more pictures.
    Thanks
    Braden

User Info Menu

This is about a Supra so it really belongs here and not General. Don't worry it appears in the New Posts on the home page and "Today's Posts" still

It seems almost every car you look at has an unbelievable story from the owner. What do you guys think?

I think the last car you looked at was originally turbo'd RZ and the guy said he sold the turbo and made it NA or is this the same car?

Unless you are able to drive to see it I would be very suspicious of this car.

User Info Menu

This is the "last car"...
    It is an N/A from the factory. He started doing a NA-T conversion on it but could not afford the rest of the parts to finish it. So he took the parts off that he installed (FMIC, Turbo, ect) and sold them. He is now selling the car because he wants a turbo lhd with the targa. Not really an unbelievable story.

I made this thread to be about who to ship the car with, not about the car.

And that car in Saskatoon that I looked at did not have an unbelievable story either, he told us it was slid into a light post by the previous owner and he had all the parts to fix it, we just figured that it was not worth it in the end and passed....
    Last edited by Braden; 04-11-2010 at 03:53 PM.

User Info Menu

OK Braden sorry, I was just offering my advice. I know you asked about shipping and I don't have any advice on shipping for you.

I just don't want to see you ending up with a bad car. From what I read, you had no idea about the accident damage with that car in Saskatoon until later on and it wasn't mentioned up front by the owner from the impression I got. Whether the story is believable wasn't my focus but more-so whether the car is actually in good condition overall.

User Info Menu

No problem, sorry if I came off rude.

He did tell us up front about the accident damage, the only reason we didnt get it is because we knew we could get a car in better shape for a bit more, and it is not worth it.

This car is registered in Ontario and is being drivin right now, it has had what needed to be done to it once it got off the boat.

It is 100% stock, thanks for the concern and the advice. I am getting more pictures of it and it is going to be taken to a mechanic for a full inspection.
    So in a way it is just like buying a car from Japan, I am kind of "buying blind" but not really.

Thanks

User Info Menu

No worries Braden, we all get frustrated sometimes. As long as you're happy and you are confident with this car then go for it.

I'm sure someone will have ideas on shipping for you and you already know to avoid rail. If you can somehow drive it back that would be ideal and a lot of fun

User Info Menu

The seller is willing to meet in Winnipeg MB (A 10hour ish drive for him )
    I contacted William and he said he uses searail without issue.
    The pictures of the car look good, there is 1 or 2 minor scratches on the car by the looks of it. The interior is clean, and to be honest, its a first car, I don't care about the minor stuff to much. I was happy with that POS car here in Stoon, this (just by the pictures) is miles ahead and has less than half the KM's.
    Here is a picture of the car with some CCW's photoshopped on. I think these will be the rim of choice for me.

EDIT:
    Screw the CCW's... $2500 for 4 16inches!!
    Last edited by Braden; 04-11-2010 at 04:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I Don't know Braden. Honestly this guy sounded pretty tweaky to me too. I'd personally not be interested. Searail worked for me by the way, but I'd never do a shipping deal with anyone I didn't have really good reason to trust. Honestly with the crowd that this guy fits in with, I think you're looking for trouble.