Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire recommendations for 1991-1997 JZS147 Aristo 3.0V

User Info Menu

I know it will definitely look the best, I just liked the convenience of a non-staggered setup. But it really looks like it was meant to be this way and that it's just going to take away from the looks and handling performance if I go any other way with these rims.

User Info Menu

staggered ftw. Wait until you see the pics of the aristo as it sits. I fit 285/40/18s in the rear with 235/35/18 up front.. the rear looks aggressive as hell... and they do rub the inner arch with road bumps (fender pull coming up?)

User Info Menu

Is it both the fronts and backs that rub? I'd like to avoid the rubbing.

User Info Menu

I thought I'd mention that I ended up going with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires, 275/35/18 back and 235/40/18 in the front.

They were the most expensive out of all the other options, but I like the Michelin warranty and I feel these are the overall best performing tires for dry,wet and snow/ice.

I can't stand the sidewall or tread pattern on the Continentals, they definitely are better for snow, but I also don't trust the quality because of the amount of bubbling/popped tires I read about and Aristo is a heavy car.

There were some other tires that rank similar in the All Season UHP category for all conditions, but I don't think it gets better than these tires.

I've hardly driven the Aristo so I'll wait until I get the shipping damage repaired and post a review on these tires are broken in.

User Info Menu

Whoa... Wide tires.

I bet they were expensive. 235 is about as big as you want to go on the front for steering feel / performance. The back you can go as wide as your rims / wallet / fuel economy will allow. I want pics once you get them on!

User Info Menu

I decided I liked that setup because that's how the car came, and there's no way I could go wider or taller in the front like you said . And why not have 275 in the back because it looks cool and supposedly grips better, and so far I've found it hard to break traction with TCS unless you're being dumb

Yes they were expensive at about $1300 CAD (converted from USD) with shipping and all duties/taxes, but I'm sure I would have paid $2000+ if I bought them locally.

They are already on and they look awesome, I'll try and take some pics once the car is fixed (cracked sideskirts during shipping, bumper damaged by irresponsible warehouse drivers). The car got some scratches behind the rear doors during shipping and has a long scratch on the rear quarter panel (looks like from a chain) so I'll get those buffed out at the same time.

User Info Menu

I'm going to review these tires, I am very happy so far but I'm curious to know how they will perform in colder icy/snowy weather.