Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda Bongo Camper Vans

User Info Menu

I came very close to buying one tonight.... However the one we were looking at had a few mechanical problems, so had to pass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    wow! William - that is totally AWESOME! Love it. I can't wait till you find the right one, get impressions, and I can come and see it. Maybe you can even rent it to me! Seriously, I'd do that for sure!
    And Shaun if you want to test it out for a weekend, I have no problem with that.

User Info Menu

These little camper vans are so cool! If I didn't have access to my parents RV I'd consider one of these.

Current: 2001 Bmw 325i, 1999 Ford Exploder V8
    Jordan v.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sastrad View Post
    The man in this commercial is super famous in Japan (but can't recall his name). Unlike North America, superstars in Japan also make commercials. And, we all know the "Lost in Translation" thing...there is loads of money in commercials in Japan.
    On the note of Bongos, they are popular in the UK and have sent one over there.
    Shimada Shinsuke, a well known comedian in Japan.
    Bongo's are super cool! :-)
    As with Nissan Serena's, Toyota Ipsums, Toyota Granvia, etc.

Ken

User Info Menu

Bongos are cool machines, no doubt. Most of them dont seem to have camping packages on the inside though only the pop roof.

User Info Menu

We're considering getting a camper van like Mazda Bongo, but have a friend who is selling a Mercedes Vito diesel injection which we're now considering.

We'd be interested in any advice anyone has on the pros and cons of the two options.

It has a fairly high mileage of 115,000 but has full service history and has been owned by our friend since it was new using it as the van for his bricklaying business.

He says we can have it for £3,500 and from what I can see we can get a full conversion for about another £3810 (£7,310 for the van an conversion in total)

It looks like we can get a converted Bongo for about the same price with around 50,000 miles on the clock.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

A diesel engine at 115.000 is just being broke in, Definitely nothing to be scared away from in my opinion. My Bongo is pushing 155.000 and running like new.

What did you end up going with, the Bongo or Mercedes ? If you did the Bongo, here's a wealth of information on them http://www.bongofury.co.uk/