Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota Curren

User Info Menu

Caldina via Wikipedia
    Sharing a platform with Toyota Allion and Toyota Premio, the Caldina is the Japanese version of Toyota Avensis wagon.

The 4WD models are coded ST215, and are offered as Active Sports GT with the 3S-GE engine. The top of the line GT-T came with the turbocharged 260 PS (191 kW; 256 hp) 4th generation 3S-GTE engine, and included an all-wheel drive system similar to the Toyota Celica GT-Four.The GT-T also came with optional electronic stability control(VSC). Weighing 1,470 kg (3,241 lb), the Caldina GT-T offers similar performance to a Subaru WRX wagon achieving 0–100 km/h in 7 seconds. A refresh was given in 2000 with new bumpers and lamps a refreshed interior and extra lug added to the turbo manifold to stop the warping issue common on earlier GT-T models.

Engines for lesser models are the 1.8 L 7A-FE, the 2.0 L gasoline 3S-FE, and the 2.2 L diesel 3C-TE.

User Info Menu

I love it but the design seems pretty dated for the age. Regardless, people who love them really love them. They are pretty hot in other parts of the world.

1470kg for a wagon with 4wd is not too bad either (okay rex fans, it's 200 kg more but still not bad).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Did Toyota Caldina copy the Legacy wagon?

User Info Menu

Sorry guys, back on track. I've seen the Curren before, it looks good with a kit but it's a big disappointment IMHO without any high powered engine. For a NA engine it's not bad, but Toyota should have put in a 1JZ or 2JZ engine.

Is it just me or does Curren look like Toyota crashed an ST205 Celica into the back of a Soarer?

User Info Menu

All hello, own Toyota Curren ST - 206 1997 of producing.
    I live in Russia, write by means of electronic translator, complications of translation are
    therefore possible
    A photo does not turn out to lay out
    140 horse under a hood and automatic transmission. Now cost of such machine in Russia about $7000
    It is possible to put 3s - ge BEAMS 180 л.с., but a transport tax is smothers.
    Last edited by Kenny McCormik; 06-25-2010 at 07:42 AM.

User Info Menu

The Curren is cool. Like a smooth and stylish Celica. I'd take one for a bit.

User Info Menu

Curren is a dream of my childhood.
    Purchased recently, there is the second machine - Renault Logan
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
    Last edited by Kenny McCormik; 06-25-2010 at 08:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Toyota Curren 1994 fender

I live near Brisbane, Australia and am looking for Toyota Curren 1994 parts, especially the front right fender over the wheel bay.

My vehicle:
    Toyota Curren 1994
    Model: E-ST206-DCPVF
    Engine: 3S-GE
    Frame: ST206-0008192
    Trim: YE10

I need:
    - timing belt kit including cam and crank seal
    - fenders

I have found some compatible timing belt kits on eBay but I am having difficulty locating fenders. I have tried wreckers all over Australia and the local advertising websites.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any exporters? Here are photos of the damaged sections:

Right fender close up

Right fender

Front radiator fender

Left fender
    Last edited by rwarvi; 07-06-2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Add photos

User Info Menu

I fixed my original fender with some panel-beating.