Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1994 Subaru Legacy BG5 Twin Turbo...

User Info Menu

Default 1994 Subaru Legacy BG5 Twin Turbo...

LOL! I just noticed this is the place to post your pics.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1069630/2131374

EJ20H Hybrid with EJ257 small block
    ViPEC V44 Engine Management
    Whiteline Sway Bar in the rear (front will follow once we find the correct one)
    3" exhaust from Y pipe back
    Completely decatted
    Momo Nero Steering Wheel
    JVC KD-AVX33 Faceplate/Soundstream 705S Amp/Boston Acoustics SR65 Doors Speakers/Dual Rockford Fosgate P3SD412 Subwoofers in Custom Box/Stock Tweeters
    17" ASA Revolution Wheels

Currently sourcing:

H&S 3.0" SS Downpipes
    Rebuilt Solenoid Box
    New paint May 17
    Front Swaybar
    Performance Transmission
    Big Brake kit
    Last edited by Soren; 01-12-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Added pics of the beast to the post directly

User Info Menu

Kilroy - where is this at now, I haven't seen you around the forums for quite some time. Did you get your new tranny and how's the power holding?

User Info Menu

Yeah I thought it was cool how he put in a EJ257 shortblock, let's hope he comes back.

User Info Menu

I am pretty sure I have seen this car around a few times very nice.

User Info Menu

The IPT transmission was installed about a month ago, the 3" SS downpipes from Hayward and Scott are installed, the front Whiteline swaybar is installed and the turbos have been upgraded to VF25/27. The solenoid box had to be replumbed due to the new secondary turbo not having a wastegate and the car requires a tune to enable the secondary to come on boost properly. The primary turbo works properly, but the roads have been so bad since the transmission was installed that I haven't had time to take it for a proper drive. I had the torque converter redone as well as Ty at IPT said that reworking the torque converter would give much better launches, so of course I had to test that out. I revved it a little at a light and gave it a quick blip of the throttle. The roads were still quite horrible, so I didn't hit it very hard, but DAAAAMNNN did it ever take off fast. It was easily as quick as dropping the hammer with a manual transmission. The power distribution is a constant 50/50 split, so it hooked right up with no troubles even with all season tires on.

I've contacted Cam at Lightspeed to let him know that we can now proceed with the tune and dyno, but I am waiting until the roads are clear and the weather is a little nicer before I head to Red Deer. Until then, the car is in my shop under a cover. I've purchased a couple of MX-3s for rallying and I'm working on those until the weather is good enough to get back to the Subaru.

User Info Menu

OOOH Kilroy, sounds fantastic! I can't wait. Lets meet up when the snow's gone and you've had some time.. I want a ride bad!!!!

User Info Menu

For sure a wagon I would buy. Looking forward to seeing more.

User Info Menu

Greg - you couldn't afford it! (this one) This was a pretty old bump from me today, so I don't know if Kilroy will show us more..but, yeah, I'd love to see more too!

User Info Menu

Oh if he knows what's good for him, he'd be around. Plus, I drive a BMW, I must be loaded. At least that's what everybody who see my car in person seems to assume.

User Info Menu

I probably should have just bought myself an M3 in the first place, I would have saved a ton of money.