Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Suzuki Alto Works

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    They pretty cool, I can see why they would be fun to drive.
    Weird is that off-white due to uneven fading, a respray or replaced panels?
    because frankenstein

car has a new front end ....... previous owner painted the car a different white ..... the sideskirts went missing so there is different sideskirts on it that are a different grey due to fading...... and the hatch is from a different car but same white as the front end .....franken-works

User Info Menu

Does anyone here that owns an alto know what size the round headlights on some models are? Also how they are mounted and any ideas of what would fit in there as a replacement?
    Getting one of these might be a possibility if I can figure out this headlight issue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Does anyone here that owns an alto know what size the round headlights on some models are? Also how they are mounted and any ideas of what would fit in there as a replacement?
    Getting one of these might be a possibility if I can figure out this headlight issue.
    You mean as a DOT replacement for inspection and use in general in Canada.

I will measure the ones I had on my C chassis as I happen to still have one and I think the H chassis ones are the same size. The whole headlight assembly unbolts with the lense, floating bucket and all the alignment screws and clips so I assume you could put some other "glass" in there from another similar vehicle with round glass in order to have the DOT glass but then it may make alignment static.

User Info Menu

Thanks that would be really helpful.
    Yes I would be looking for general use headlights as a replacement. Either dot or sae can be stamped on the lenses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by typhoonslippery View Post
    You mean as a DOT replacement for inspection and use in general in Canada.

I will measure the ones I had on my C chassis as I happen to still have one and I think the H chassis ones are the same size. The whole headlight assembly unbolts with the lense, floating bucket and all the alignment screws and clips so I assume you could put some other "glass" in there from another similar vehicle with round glass in order to have the DOT glass but then it may make alignment static.

Have you managed to measure these headlights?
    I'm hoping to find similar sized replacement lights online

User Info Menu

These cars use 7" headlights.
    I put these on my car and they work really well.

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...sion-headlamp/

User Info Menu

This appears to be the most currently updated Alto thread. I was hoping to find some fellow owners or information. Does anyone still own any of these cars? Any links to resources for parts/info?

Thanks.