Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Stagea the next AWD import?

User Info Menu

Default Nissan Stagea the next AWD import?

So as you guys may or may not be aware, the Nissan Stagea is available to import come January 2011. What do you think about them?

Personally, I love the looks of them. I own a German Shepherd, and have an SUV now, but maybe sometime in the future I will downsize to an AWD monster with room for the dog as well as other things that maybe the Aristo just can't handle.

Check it out:

Could this be the end of the Subaru's Legacy?

Sorry, I mean the competition!

2.5 L turbo AWD (similar platform to the Skyline GTR) 231 hp engine.

Specs:
    Frame: E-WGC34 (2WD); E-WGNC34 (4WD)
    Exterior dimensions (LxWxH): 4,800 mm (189.0 in) x 1,755 mm (69.1 in) x 1,495 mm (58.9 in)
    Interior dimensions (LxWxH): 1,900 mm (74.8 in) x 1,425 mm (56.1 in) x 1,155 mm (45.5 in)
    Wheel base: 2,720 mm (107.1 in)
    Treads (F/R): 1,460 mm (57.5 in) / 1,515 mm (59.6 in)
    Ground clearance: 145 mm (5.7 in)
    Curb vehicle weight: 1,620 kg (3,571 lb)

Then of course,

look forward to the newer models:

User Info Menu

That's a really nice wagon. Looks a lot newer then it is. The newer models looks pretty sweet with what looks like an R34 front end.

But it's got a lot of weight on the Legacy's.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

true, and it does look bulkier than the legacy with it's approx 2900 lb curb weight. I wonder if the stagea was built on the same platform as the skyline sedan?

User Info Menu

I would rock the nuts off that r34 wagon.

User Info Menu

Apparently it's based on the Nissan laurel platform. The first gen ones only come in auto's unfortuently. But the next ones have optionally five speed manual and the 276hp. And that skyline r34 front end is a conversion kit available from masa motorsports I guess.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Like the Aristo, you might be able to find manual swaps.

+1 for the R34 mask.

User Info Menu

Perfect "war wagon" winter beater??

User Info Menu

These are dirt cheap too.

The idea was originally to make a Skyline wagon.
    They set out to make it and ended up detuning the 250ps engine from the GTS-T down to 235-ish since it was closing in on the GTR at a fraction of the price. It responds well to tuning. 300hp is a few wrenchings away.

User Info Menu

I might get one in 2 years for a winter beater if they are cheaper than your typical evo 3 or subaru...

How much are we talking for something landed in okay shape (someone fine for a winter beater, but actually runs... something like a grade 3)?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
    Apparently it's based on the Nissan laurel platform. The first gen ones only come in auto's unfortuently. But the next ones have optionally five speed manual and the 276hp. And that skyline r34 front end is a conversion kit available from masa motorsports I guess.
    cool, thanks for the input speed.

The first stagea shown is actually a 5 spd conversion. Looks like a few other goods under the hood and in cabin (gauges, FMIC)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    These are dirt cheap too.

The idea was originally to make a Skyline wagon.
    They set out to make it and ended up detuning the 250ps engine from the GTS-T down to 235-ish since it was closing in on the GTR at a fraction of the price. It responds well to tuning. 300hp is a few wrenchings away.
    wow, that's pretty sweet to know if you're not too afraid of going wagon, that you can get tune this sleeper to be 300 hp with little mods? So I take it they just downsized injectors, etc?
    Last edited by Griffinpwr; 06-13-2010 at 05:54 PM.