Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts about Honda

User Info Menu

I love the 2010 model of Honda Accord and also Civic... If i have choice between Honda and Toyota I will prefer Honda...

User Info Menu

I have to say I'm a huge fan of Honda. Though it's not a JDM, I built up a 1990 Da with a full motor build, turbo and I huge list of other mods. The car had some turbo lag due to the size of the thing but when it hit you had to focus cause it was a rocket. I love my Sub, but it doesn't pull the way this thing did. Putting out 300hp in such a light car and the motors are strong they just love boost. Pretty good for a car 21 years old. Here's a few shots.

User Info Menu

I used to always talk smack about Honda's and their lack of torque and what not... Until I bought one this past summer. What surprised me was how much fun they were to drive, even with a lack of torque. I liked how it would just continuously pull all the way up to the redline, yet it could still manage to get pretty good gas mileage.

My cousin surprised me tonight when he met up with me and he was driving his new to him 2007 Honda Civic he just bought. He let me take it for a good rip and I enjoyed it. They're very peppy and fun cars to bomb around in, and they're comfortable to drive for long periods of time.

Yeah I still make fun of their lack of torque, but I have a new respect for them. I regret selling the Integra now, but maybe in a few years I'll be able to hop into a nice ITR/CTR...

Current: 2001 Bmw 325i, 1999 Ford Exploder V8
    Jordan v.

User Info Menu

nice DA. i've owned my da6 import since late 06. been such a great car with little to no problems. so happy with it i own 2 da6 imports. i'd post pics but my post count is too low.
    [1990 Honda Integra XSi]
    [1991 Honda Integra XSi]

User Info Menu

I was a big Honda basher until I got my ITR. Now I see why they have such a hardcore following. These cars can be extremely fast of course boost can't be beaten for sheer power but these cars are much easier to drive fast and are so much fun.

Another factor is they are relatively inexpensive to run which means lots of track days. Guys with high hp cars with big tires take it easy because they don't want to break anything and tires are crazy expensive. The Hondas give it all day, go to every track day of the year, and then drive home!

As you can tell I'm in love. My ITR gets more attention at the track then most cars there. They are magnificent little cars and more fun then anything I have been in.

Also an interesting tid bit. A 07 CTR is 5 seconds faster then a 99 R34 GTR vspec at Suzuka. Now I'm sure 8 year newer tire technology is the reason but still that is kind of cool that a FWD NA car with 222hp beats a 280hp awd GTR (R34s were said to actually have around 330hp)
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

I am not so much a fan of the JDM Hondas any more they are just so over priced for a old car. You can really get a heck of a deal on a LHD one they are dirt cheep to maintain handle great and are a lot of fun on the street and track. The only real concern and one would have is a b18c5 or b16a getting around the 200,000km mark is usally when they are pretty much done. The no v tec and b18c1 engines go for ever though. I have been daily driving my boosted EG while I am fixing the STI and its one fast car. I would not be shocked if it ran high to mid 11s in the 1/4 mile on sicks and low 12s on street tires.

User Info Menu

They have a big following and a lot of the older models chassis are still being used in road racing because they are so light. I'm guessing that is why older ones are still expensive. JDM Hondas have a huge advantage over USDM you can get bodies with no rust if you actually want to build something nice. Also TYPE R engines just rebuild them. Still a ridiculous amounts of after market for the B series and they are cheap to do. I have been in 500whp STis and I can't believe how much fun the Honda is so much so that my ITR is getting priority while I slowly build my V7 STi swap GDB (I still love Subaru it is just a different kind of beast and much more expensive to make it fast enough to be worthwhile for me so it's going to be a while). It's a personal thing I think my GF doesn't like the ITR compared to the 290whp GC just because of the boost me on the other hand I enjoy the ITR more.

My little one playing with the big boys.

Last edited by FtGF; 05-23-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

A lot of closeted Honda-lovers in here...
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

Huge fan of Honda. Great power to weight with high RPM's

User Info Menu

It's like driving a street legal go kart, how can you not love them?